Harvest progress.

Finished the harvest cutting this ecologically diverse corner of Beans. I put over 200 hours on the Combine and have often done it in 150 . Nobody wants to talk to you when you are blowing down the combine.

an average of 7.5ac per hour is still fair going. :laugh:

is that the field where you had to plough part of it after it was grazed over the winter ?
I started in one field and I thought with all the greenery in the corner I left it and moved to the field where the rape was grazed which was very clean with tall beans. The beans were tall but did not seem to be yielding much more . We were cutting at over five Km an hour. The cows are coming back if the rape grows . He is not short of fodder this year but is reseeding a few fields.

I started in one field and I thought with all the greenery in the corner I left it and moved to the field where the rape was grazed which was very clean with tall beans. The beans were tall but did not seem to be yielding much more . We were cutting at over five Km an hour. The cows are coming back if the rape grows . He is not short of fodder this year but is reseeding a few fields.
which part was best ? the ploughed bit or the direct drilled or was there any difference ?
you,ll have something to look at for the winter then while you sit drinking a latte beside the fire while he trudges through the mud changing wires :whistle:

which part was best ? the ploughed bit or the direct drilled or was there any difference ?
you,ll have something to look at for the winter then while you sit drinking a latte beside the fire while he trudges through the mud changing wires :whistle:
We were very impressed with the broadcast and run of the Horsch bit . Also known as the North Cork method of sowing . I believe it works with spring Barley as well.

We were very impressed with the broadcast and run of the Horsch bit . Also known as the North Cork method of sowing . I believe it works with spring Barley as well.
Would Jethro Tull be more impressed by a bells & whistles Horsch drill or a Bredal with GPS section control. Didn't somebody have a story about a guy in Cork or France or somewhere exotic like that sowing his cereals with a spinner and a disc harrow, is anyone feeling adventurous enough to try a field in the spring

Bog Man will be in Monaco on his yacht once the WW is in....

Any moderator able to help me change location on here to just Cork. When I joined I didn’t know there was a sowing method known as the North Cork method!!!! I can’t be associated with that sort of thing

seen it with winter wheat a few years ago, it wasn't a success, a lot of patches had to be replanted, the crop got established, it just wasn't a good one!!

Any moderator able to help me change location on here to just Cork. When I joined I didn’t know there was a sowing method known as the North Cork method!!!! I can’t be associated with that sort of thing
If you're serious, go to the top of the page, click on your name then Personal Details. Box for Location is there.

Crops there were so good you would wonder. Get soil - chemical, physical and biological right and anything is possible

I'd 4/5 acres to cut, combine threw up an adblue fault, in limp mode now.
Needs a laptop to clear the faults, nothing wrong other than it's against the law to put black smoke out :angry:.
Fecked off big time:blushing: doesn't give a great week either- so near but so far!

Last edited:
Down to about twelve acres here made up of about five acres of spring wheat and seven or eight acres of spring barley thats fairly well flattened. We would have finished the spring wheat easily and maybe the barley only a dirty drizzle came in about half five. Either way I am not worried about it now we will surely get some bit of a day to finish it now.

Down to about twelve acres here made up of about five acres of spring wheat and seven or eight acres of spring barley thats fairly well flattened. We would have finished the spring wheat easily and maybe the barley only a dirty drizzle came in about half five. Either way I am not worried about it now we will surely get some bit of a day to finish it now.
Was it you Sat a big block of spring wheat after grass? How did it turn out?

Was it you Sat a big block of spring wheat after grass? How did it turn out?
Yea, we had sixty acres of spring wheat all Chileam. Haven’t the weights added up yet but it seems to be at the right side of 3 1/2 ton which isn’t too bad. It was starting to go down in the last few weeks glad to have it nearly done, I think it is a weakness in that variety.

Last edited:
Back