Irish Presidential Election

Man of his word,man of the people,trying to bring apple and the like back now. Migtnt look it, but hes a clever man imo.
There are plenty of smart people around that can get things done but it seems unless your controversial you wont get noticed

Trump got elected because he traveled rural and rundown America and promised jobs on which he has for the most part delivered.
Man of his word,man of the people,trying to bring apple and the like back now. Migtnt look it, but hes a clever man imo.

Now I wouldn't be a trump fan at all, I think the man is a moron. However, I heard this story yesterday which exhibits at least he. Is a man of his word.

many towns In pensylvania were always seen as democrat party strongholds, and when a local branch of the democrat party in some large town asked hillary to come down and have a rally, she declined under the assumption that she was guaranteed the vote. Apparently Trump rolled into the old impoverished town and promised to get things up and running. Trump got 80% of the vote there. Within 10 day's of being elected he had things on the way to be up and running again, and now the town is as red as texas

Edit sorry lads I didn't properly clarify this post and left out some information. The town was a former mining town and he promised he would re open the mine in the town

Last edited:
Stuck a sneaky tenner on Casey (w/o Higgins) the Wed before last. Had been thinking fair dues to him for not backing down and after a few people on here thought the same, I went looking at some odds:clap:Screenshot_20181026-173741.png

http://shr.gs/sInJMLj at least most of them won't get refunded

I'm all for an election and I would have been extremely disappointed if there hadn't been a contest this time as could have been but we need better quality candidates I think. The turnout was very poor, do people not value their right vote? A lot of people are well able to give out about this, that and the other but when they have the opportunity to do something about it they don't.

I'd view it the other way, 60% did not want to vote and 60% of the rest did not want a change.
If Casey hadn't made those comments on the travellers those figures would have been even higher.
There was no need for this election and it only cheapened the system, Marylou wanted to improve her profile so the country must pay.

I think the reality sadly is that things such as politics/presidential elections/changes to the constitution interest the majority of our population very little. They assume someone else is looking after boring things like this.
People are more worried about their next holiday, what they will do next weekend or how are they going to pay for the Creche and mortgage next month.

Most people can pay a few seconds of lip service to such political topics but few care enough to discuss it like contributors here or to go and use the vote that people have fought for.

Like @johndeere6920s post earlier "I don't want anything from this government" and collecting over 50k in benefits, but I wonder how many of those vote.
Its gone crazy the middle class are now the lower class and vice versa.
I work fierce hard and herself does too.
Were nowhere near going for a mortgage or having a family.
Theres two i went to school with and are going out now with a few years.
Neither of them are working.
Im friends with them on Facebook and Snapchat they are renting a house huge tvs the works meet them out in town on the weekends regularly enough they have been on foreign holidays twice this year often go on weekends away.
They have a far better lifestyle than I have ever had or anyone I know who's working.
They will never work theres no motivation for them to work why would they?
They practically get there arse wiped for them.
Its a flecking free for all here them travellers in tipp the day they said that they wanted stables and land they should have been told right that's fine we will give the houses to someone else.
Someone who actually needs them not to an "ethnic minority" that 85% of are unemployed.
Travellers foreigners and unemployed are absolutely crippling this country and its the bread and butter workers in this country are funding the whole party for them.
That's why Casey done so much better than the rest of the clowns.
Michael D would have had 70% of the vote or more if Casey didn't say it as it is.
Were in dire need of someone to stand up in this country and do and say what the ordinary people need and want.
Id have to make over six thousand bales to turn over as much as that single mother in Dublin gets every year not amind how many id have to make to put 50 grand in my arse pocket.
Yet she gets it for not being able to keep her legs closed !!!

They Ambushed him nicely,
bad form from the late late, Casey came away from it with more support i would think...

The contrast with the Mary Robinson interview was stark with Tubridy almost falling over her from what I saw to his thinly veiled contempt for Casey.

That was pretty disgraceful, A Friday night chat show isn't supposed to have an agenda. Tubridy was a disgrace, allowing them to natter on for as long as they did. That "journalism student" couldn't string two sentences together.

https://www.facebook.com/1268288819/posts/10217219605303373/ Not sure if this link will work but this video came out yesterday, got another one during the week of a young lad getting beat up with a large 36-40mm spanner over missing money, then there was the one of a lad counting out around €200k in cash calling out people to match him topless for some reason, the likes of Tubridy probably never see the reality of this in their plush neighbourhoods. There was actually a very similar debate on sky news last Sunday, a group Pakistani paedophiles were targeting young white girls, statistically 86% of offenders were of Asian origin, a politician was quoted as saying something about “Asian paedophiles rings” and they were debating whether it was racist or not, 4 out of the 5 agreed it wasn’t, people really need to realise that pointing out factual statistics about other groups is not actually racist it’s just a fact.

https://www.facebook.com/1268288819/posts/10217219605303373/ Not sure if this link will work but this video came out yesterday, got another one during the week of a young lad getting beat up with a large 36-40mm spanner over missing money, then there was the one of a lad counting out around €200k in cash calling out people to match him topless for some reason, the likes of Tubridy probably never see the reality of this in their plush neighbourhoods. There was actually a very similar debate on sky news last Sunday, a group Pakistani paedophiles were targeting young white girls, statistically 86% of offenders were of Asian origin, a politician was quoted as saying something about “Asian paedophiles rings” and they were debating whether it was racist or not, 4 out of the 5 agreed it wasn’t, people really need to realise that pointing out factual statistics about other groups is not actually racist it’s just a fact.

Why aren't the guards after the lad that counted out the 200k?
If me or you put up a video like that there would be some serious questions to answer Monday morning.
Theres 3 groups of travellers living close to eachother in our local town.
Ive sussed what there at along time ago and I'm not a guard atal!!!!
Unemployed lads leaving with two vans at 6 ó clock everymorning heading in the exact same direction.
In all fairness like it would be no bother do half these lads for offences there so brazen about it!!
I wonder does an unemployed traveller need to have a vat number or a heard number when there taxing there new van commercially?

Back