Lidl / Aldi Offers

Anyone passing Lidl, they have an offer on Baufix metal paint, akin to hammerite, but in my experience actually better quality.

I went and bought 3 black and 3 silver and 5 litres of thinners, runs nicely through a paint gun and puts a better look on any home/farm engineering projects.

Typical! Would come in when the local store is closed :(

Are these Lidls closed for good?

Thats unusual, its expanding they are around here!

Nah closed to expand/ reorganise, its a bit strange as they only added the bakery onto local one a year or 2 ago, and never closed whilst they did it

Nah closed to expand/ reorganise, its a bit strange as they only added the bakery onto local one a year or 2 ago, and never closed whilst they did it

Oh right, I think they are extending the Lidl near here as well, and are talking about building a second one.

Oh right, I think they are extending the Lidl near here as well, and are talking about building a second one.
theres something going on there anyway.
the two aldis are meant to be flying. hard to see the one in manor at much

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

theres something going on there anyway.
the two aldis are meant to be flying. hard to see the one in manor at much

The new one is flying anyway, it must have hit the old one alright though. Talks of a new Lidl going into the old McCowans yard.

The new one is flying anyway, it must have hit the old one alright though. Talks of a new Lidl going into the old McCowans yard.
that would be a good spot but to get at it is a balls.
them traffic lights there would drive you nuts.
its a wonder they don't go straight accros the road into where buylo was

Very same story for the one near here, Aldi are supposed to be coming to town too.

Very same story for the one near here, Aldi are supposed to be coming to town too.

Think there could have been talk of an Aldi coming to the town here to, but haven't heard anything lately, there's one of each down in Arklow at opposite ends of the town

Think there could have been talk of an Aldi coming to the town here to, but haven't heard anything lately, there's one of each down in Arklow at opposite ends of the town

Can't be many places now where the two aren't!

Enniscorthy is odd, side by side!

Aldi vegetables are far superb to anything else.

Can't be many places now where the two aren't!

Enniscorthy is odd, side by side!

Aldi vegetables are far superb to anything else.

Yeah id say most towns have both by now alright, and a fair few places I've been have them close enough together,

I know there are many here who are not aldi fans.

but these yokes are top quality

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/...ts-detail-page/ps/p/professional-organiser-1/

I've been using them for years, have one full of drill bits for 5+ years now that goes into and out of the boot, gets usual workshop abuse and used out and about too and it's working pefectly, all the latches still hold (there's 6 points latching the lid down tight to the tray) good hinges, they're just really nice quality plastic in em, has just the right balance of strength and pliability.

I'll be grabbing a half dozen more of em next week anyway.

I know there are many here who are not aldi fans.

but these yokes are top quality

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/...ts-detail-page/ps/p/professional-organiser-1/

I've been using them for years, have one full of drill bits for 5+ years now that goes into and out of the boot, gets usual workshop abuse and used out and about too and it's working pefectly, all the latches still hold (there's 6 points latching the lid down tight to the tray) good hinges, they're just really nice quality plastic in em, has just the right balance of strength and pliability.

I'll be grabbing a half dozen more of em next week anyway.

Thanks John,

I'll be picking up a few of them, been waiting for the offer to come around again.

I've bought a few bits in aldi or lidl, some great, some not, you need to have a good look before you buy.

Some bits coming on thursday......
https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-8-january/

I have the heater, it's grand, makes heat, never used a similar one so cant rate it, but quality seems decent, comes with a regulator for a screw on connection as opposed to a pop top bottle.

Also have the tap and die set, always amazed at the quality of the bits in this set anyway, the taps are grand, but I have proper three tap sets in the most common sizes .

The plastic shelves, fine for the attic or maybe utility room, but really not shed suitable.

did anyone else get a medion smart phone back in December . I bought one for mrs D and one for a spare . Cost £80 ,takes 2 sims ,latest android . very pleased with it for now .
I was hoping they would come up with a desktop computer offer very soon

Some bits coming on thursday......
https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-8-january/

I have the heater, it's grand, makes heat, never used a similar one so cant rate it, but quality seems decent, comes with a regulator for a screw on connection as opposed to a pop top bottle.

Also have the tap and die set, always amazed at the quality of the bits in this set anyway, the taps are grand, but I have proper three tap sets in the most common sizes .

The plastic shelves, fine for the attic or maybe utility room, but really not shed suitable.
the hooks and the allen yeys arent dear if they done a job at all.

Sorry, actually allow me to add the hooks to my list.

They're grand, but domestic garage grand. I've enough cheap allen keys to last me a lifetime, not something I'd cheap out on again.

Sorry, actually allow me to add the hooks to my list.

They're grand, but domestic garage grand. I've enough cheap allen keys to last me a lifetime, not something I'd cheap out on again.
im missing the 2.5 one from my set.
they are one of only two teng things i have here, the other is a magnetic pickup.
to be fair to the allen keys, they have stuck it well.

im missing the 2.5 one from my set.
they are one of only two teng things i have here, the other is a magnetic pickup.
to be fair to the allen keys, they have stuck it well.

thought teng allen was great, but they twisted on me, thought they should have shatered more like. now have bondhus and even when warm they will hold out and move it.

Am I imagining it or are Teng tools overrated?

Treated myself to a Gedore 19mm ratchet spanner today. Nosy neighbour nearly had a seizure when he saw how much I was spending...

The same fella is doooooooggggg rough on gear. And I mean dooooggg rough.

Am I imagining it or are Teng tools overrated?

Treated myself to a Gedore 19mm ratchet spanner today. Nosy neighbour nearly had a seizure when he saw how much I was spending...

The same fella is doooooooggggg rough on gear. And I mean dooooggg rough.
personally, i wouldnt say your imagining it.

and yes, your gedore ratchet would of been a good price, but as long as it dosent grow legs, or you loose it, it will last a very long time.

always loved their spanners.

personally, i wouldnt say your imagining it.

and yes, your gedore ratchet would of been a good price, but as long as it dosent grow legs, or you loose it, it will last a very long time.

always loved their spanners.

Yeah, I looked at the Teng version and it had a little trigger for changing direction (guaranteed to fall off or slip). Gedore was just a case of turning it around! Yes, one or two old Gedore spanners knocking around and they're excellent.
Not impressed at all by Teng ratchets we have here. 1/2" wore out and broke. 1/4" one has a trigger which never stays put..

Back