Lidl / Aldi Offers

Bought these this morning. Already have half inch set from 12-32mm in deep and shallow plus extensions.
Starting the 3/8 now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Nick, what kind of wedge did they set you back?

Tool collection here is like liquorice allsorts built up over the years
Gedore pipe spanners are around 40 years old
Then there's, acesa, teng, draper, cream cracker spanners, tuff tools, king dick, king roy( my favourite that was given to me by a latvian, I've never seen them anywhere else) and keeping on topic aldi/lidl.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420749723189.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420749723189.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 119
I have a full set of Elora combi spanners and they are a lovely spanner to work with, but big money.
There socket sets are crazy money, I have wanted to buy the 3 sets below for the last 10 years and if I could get for under €2,000.00 I would buy them

http://www.abbeypowertools.co.uk/elora-sockets/elora-socket-sets/showitem-5424-15372.aspx
http://www.abbeypowertools.co.uk/elora-sockets/elora-socket-sets/showitem-5428-53037.aspx
http://www.abbeypowertools.co.uk/elora-sockets/elora-socket-sets/showitem-15958-25933.aspx
i like the elora stuff, have a good bit of it, it is quality stuff.

however.
out of them three sets, i dont think id spend the money on them.
the first and last set of sockets is a good set, in a good box, but im afraid, and unless im badly mistaken, the plastic insert that holds the lot together is made out of sh1te, now my memory could be serving me badly but im near certain im right.
and in fairness, if any of us parted with the kind of money they are looking for them, id be very sore if something happened to crack or damage the liner, which im sure it would.

as for the 3/4 set, tbh, its that bull ignorant that you couldnt break it, so a lesser quality would do unless your out with it every day.

if i was you, id look for the 1/2 set and the 3/8 bahco sets, every bit as good a quality imo and 2-300 would buy the both of them.
after that id keep my eyes peeled for a nice secondhand set of 3/4.

now, i dont mean to burst your bubble, and if you have 2k to throw at them, then work away hi.:thumbup:

Nick, what kind of wedge did they set you back?

Tool collection here is like liquorice allsorts built up over the years
Gedore pipe spanners are around 40 years old
Then there's, acesa, teng, draper, cream cracker spanners, tuff tools, king dick, king roy( my favourite that was given to me by a latvian, I've never seen them anywhere else) and keeping on topic aldi/lidl.

Sockets deep were 12-24mm €250 with swivel ratchet free.
Gerenal socket set with ratchet breaker bar and extension s 12-24mm shallow. €350. I've a set of extension from 1" to 12" plus wobble ones €150

Then I had to buy individual sockets.

shallow deep
25mm €25. €30
26mm €27. €31
27mm €28. €32
28mm €29. €34
29mm €31. €35
30mm €33. €38
32mm €35. €40

So the answer is just over €1200 inc vat.
That 3/8 set was €240 today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

i like the elora stuff, have a good bit of it, it is quality stuff.

however.
out of them three sets, i dont think id spend the money on them.
the first and last set of sockets is a good set, in a good box, but im afraid, and unless im badly mistaken, the plastic insert that holds the lot together is made out of sh1te, now my memory could be serving me badly but im near certain im right.
and in fairness, if any of us parted with the kind of money they are looking for them, id be very sore if something happened to crack or damage the liner, which im sure it would.

as for the 3/4 set, tbh, its that bull ignorant that you couldnt break it, so a lesser quality would do unless your out with it every day.

if i was you, id look for the 1/2 set and the 3/8 bahco sets, every bit as good a quality imo and 2-300 would buy the both of them.
after that id keep my eyes peeled for a nice secondhand set of 3/4.

now, i dont mean to burst your bubble, and if you have 2k to throw at them, then work away hi.:thumbup:

My bubble has been burst a few times now, it just keeps reforming and I carry on regardless.:lol:
When you run a british sprayer behind a french tractor it's handy to have metric and all the imperial in the one set.
The british sprayers would test your knowledge of thread type and size, hydraulic fitting 3/4" BSP one end and 20mm fine the other.:sweatdrop:
I don't know of any others socket sets that can come near either the 1/2" or the 3/8" for range of sizes covered.

That's €24.99 each . Not for the entire lot . Have the reel here but I'll have to admit it still ain't been put up . Think @Bog Man man has that reel in the back of a tractor .
I might get another one for the Fendt . Its very handy changing tips on the grubber or just tightening them in the field .

Well, did you purchase?
Well i seen the post up here about them so thanks @Cruiser. Hoped in the car on the off chance and plenty of them still in stock in the Castlebar store. Been looking at getting calving cameras sorted now for a while but everything of any description iwas looking at was from €400 to €600. That was more one camera systems so no matter how these go they cant work out to bad for the money. At least theres a three year guarantee as well, nothing like that with anything i have previously looked at. Plenty of compressors there still, doesn't seem to be that big of a demand for them.

Well i seen the post up here about them so thanks @Cruiser. Hoped in the car on the off chance and plenty of them still in stock in the Castlebar store. Been looking at getting calving cameras sorted now for a while but everything of any description iwas looking at was from €400 to €600. That was more one camera systems so no matter how these go they cant work out to bad for the money. At least theres a three year guarantee as well, nothing like that with anything i have previously looked at. Plenty of compressors there still, doesn't seem to be that big of a demand for them.
Sounds like a good purchase then
I'd say at this stage, anyone that wants a small compressor has one bought!

Sounds like a good purchase then
I'd say at this stage, anyone that wants a small compressor has one bought!
Looks that way with the compressors anyways :Thumbp2: i got one of them myself last weekend. Have no other compressor so will do alright for the few bits I'll need it for, pumping a few tyres and so on. At least if i have a flat in the field I can just run it off the generator to get enough air in the tyre to get it to a workable place for the tyre repair man.

No I didn't purchase yet any how's will b very interested to hear how it works. Will be ready for next time they come up.
I will be hoping to get it set up by next weekend @Cruiser so i will let you know what mine fields i run into with it :lol::lol: if anyone will have a problem with it i probably will knowing my luck :ohmy:. Still if it works any ways right at all it's a far cheaper option.

This arrived I think it was €99 in Lidl.
20160506_180123.jpg

One of these arrived as well .
20160506_180204.jpg

20160506_180227.jpg

20160506_180145.jpg

Last edited:
Ment to post but forgot there was battery 4.5 inch angle grinders on offer in lidl on Thursday for 70 euro.
No more "oh I forgot to unlock the gate" for johndeere6920s :lol:

Ment to post but forgot there was battery 4.5 inch angle grinders on offer in lidl on Thursday for 70 euro.
No more "oh I forgot to unlock the gate" for johndeere6920s :lol:
If its anything like the ryobi one I had here, one lock will probably flatten the battery. :Whistle2:

Back