Milk solids

The one cent increase in August price will probably still leave us bottom of the tables. Thought they would go up more tbh

The one cent increase in August price will probably still leave us bottom of the tables. Thought they would go up more tbh

You didn't think that they would go up more than 1 C a litre . You hoped they would , but knew in reality that they would behave in their usual manner.
Pay the least . Charge the most.

i welcome it any way, i,d say its to get themselves up in the kpmg league before the year end but i,m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth

I will welcome the few bob as well, @humungus . But are they feeling guilt at paying more than 1 c less all year ?

Don't worry, they will be giving a fiver extra for grain as well :Thumbp2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
My Grandfather and Father were involved in the setting up and running of most of the Co-ops in the area, from Cover meats to Macra/NFA, including Ballon Milk which was absorbed into Avonmore when it was set-up. The 2 of them are spinning in their graves with this reverse take over.

You didn't think that they would go up more than 1 C a litre . You hoped they would , but knew in reality that they would behave in their usual manner.
Pay the least . Charge the most.

I will welcome the few bob as well, @humungus . But are they feeling guilt at paying more than 1 c less all year ?
guilt doesn,t come into it, they want to get to mid table in the kpmg audit of all the creameries and then they,ll tell us they are actually third in the table because the west cork lads are all the one creamery

Just out of a advisory meeting and just got told about it. Take it when it's there is my opinion. Got the low down on the new fixed milk scheme and depending on your situation it might be hard not to go for it. 31c plus a average of 3c for fat and protein plus any top ups the co op might play along with the rebate of 30 a ton on meal which they say is another 2c be hard to pass it.

The main problem I have with it you are signing up for 5years without knowing your allocation in the fixed price scheme. Most of the schemes i am in I only got a fraction of what I applied for. 5years is along time as we have found out after signing the first msa. Also no commitment on the rest of your milk. Very disheartening to be sitting at the bottom of league tables every month

You will only be looked at if you apply for over 10% of you milk volume that isn't already locked in, in other schemes. It will come down to how much you applied for before and in how many schemes and based on that I think is how they get there %. Ya 5 is along spell but they were saying the last 5 years gone if you had milk locked in at 31c you would have made more money then if not. Straights is another issue I have but they said they were going to look into it aswell

got a call from my glanbia branch manager today about the offer on autumn dairy ration, 20 euro rebate on every ton purchased until december so as i already buy glanbia nuts from a local merchant i asked him what price prime graze ration was with him, 240 a ton was the reply and i would get the 20 euro rebate on that , i paid 250 a ton last month so just maybe glanbia agribusiness are getting their act together

They were saying at the meeting that they have to be competitive now. Any manager that loses a customer that has locked milk and feed in will be up shits Creek.

They were saying at the meeting that they have to be competitive now. Any manager that loses a customer that has locked milk and feed in will be up shits Creek.
Sure how can they loose them when there locked in.

Be competitive until you get them sighed up then charge what you like.

Do they want you to buy all meal from them or just some? Will be hard to make people buy all meal from them. Anyway on milk price looks like we will be bottom of the tables again for August ,the gap widens

got a call from my glanbia branch manager today about the offer on autumn dairy ration, 20 euro rebate on every ton purchased until december so as i already buy glanbia nuts from a local merchant i asked him what price prime graze ration was with him, 240 a ton was the reply and i would get the 20 euro rebate on that , i paid 250 a ton last month so just maybe glanbia agribusiness are getting their act together
Did you have a look at the label of that particular feed and see what is in it since you got your delivery @humungus ?

Did you have a look at the label of that particular feed and see what is in it since you got your delivery @humungus ?
i,d already gotten a load from my merchant when glanbia rang and it should get me out for this month, i,ll find it hard to change from the local lad as we,ve been dealing with them for over 50 yrs without a break so i,ll give him every chance to come close to what they,re offering and if it means changing to red mills which they also sell then so be it, loyalty is earned not bought in my opinion

i,d already gotten a load from my merchant when glanbia rang and it should get me out for this month, i,ll find it hard to change from the local lad as we,ve been dealing with them for over 50 yrs without a break so i,ll give him every chance to come close to what they,re offering and if it means changing to red mills which they also sell then so be it, loyalty is earned not bought in my opinion
We had a call today from the Glanbia man trying to get us to buy aswell as we don't buy feed from them, same nut as you were offered but we passed on it. Might re-look into getting a quote for our own mix next month.

Protein 4.1%
Fat 4.9%
SCC 100
14 Litres/cow
2kg nuts
Stale cows and high % of heifers pulling down yield but happy otherwise.
12hr allocations of grass.
100% Spring calving black and white herd.
Would you hazard a guess at yield if heifers were out of it? Will you up the meal to see them out through grazing or is 2kg your ration and that's it? Your constituent figures would be making up the price of yield shortfall to some extent I assume?

Ah the c
Would you hazard a guess at yield if heifers were out of it? Will you up the meal to see them out through grazing or is 2kg your ration and that's it? Your constituent figures would be making up the price of yield shortfall to some extent I assume?
Yea, the constituents are bringing the price up well, still the heifers won't affect constituents so much, just yield. I'd say I'd be up on 16/17 litres ATM should the herd be static in size. I still think there's room for improvement on the constituents, grass is very strong and I'm not happy with quality.
That leads me on to the 2kgs, yes, I feel given the price that it would justify an extra kilo, but no more IMO, we were only discussing it this morning, however it wouldn't do any justice to Grazing out the heavy covers which would really hamper grass quality when the cows return to the paddock.

Back