Power Harrows

Dont agree, you can get the odd bargain in Kellys if it has been lying around for a while. I bought a deutz dx 85 2 wheel drive off them about 10 years ago for 1500 and did a bit of cleaning up on it and resold it for a nice profit. Know a guy that bought a twin rotar class rake off them last year for handy money as well that had been lying up for a while. and he repleced a few parts on it and is using it now to rake straw and grass.

i don't think ive ever been in their yard but id say like the rest once you would ask about the price, probably get a shock, and bid them a more sensible amount while at the same time not trying to steal them you'd be told they were still on the books which means they might be willing to let them go for what they paid for them.
which is pretty stupid imo if they have sat there this long, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush imo.
but dont worry, some day your passing you will see the scrap man in cutting them up, or at least thats what happened when i tried to buy a machine one time.
all i do know is i was giving him a hell of a lot more 8 mths earlier than the scrap man gave him.

Gerard Clarke, up this country is famous for holding out for big money for 2nd hand tractors/machinery .He has scrapped lots of stuff after refusing reasonable offers.He would leave tractors lying outside with flat wheels and them all green and rotten. The hard frost back 3 or 4 winters ago took care of several of them.

Gerard Clarke, up this country is famous for holding out for big money for 2nd hand tractors/machinery .He has scrapped lots of stuff after refusing reasonable offers.He would leave tractors lying outside with flat wheels and them all green and rotten. The hard frost back 3 or 4 winters ago took care of several of them.

A certain dealer :whistling: here in Cork too was offered a nice sum of money one time for the gear left idle out in the yard. He refused and left the lot to rot in a field :thumbdown:

Included tractors, tankers and other bits and bobs. Was told by an employee of his that he would rather bury the lot then accept the offer he got.

Worth nothing to knowone now sur the gear as it's red rotten.

A certain dealer :whistling: here in Cork too was offered a nice sum of money one time for the gear left idle out in the yard. He refused and left the lot to rot in a field :thumbdown:

Included tractors, tankers and other bits and bobs. Was told by an employee of his that he would rather bury the lot then accept the offer he got.

Plenty of lads like that around. I can think of a few and stuff is as ye say rotting in ditches and no way they'll part with it.

Plenty of lads like that around. I can think of a few and stuff is as ye say rotting in ditches and no way they'll part with it.

He is a car dealer also and second hands stay there awhile as there is no budging on price apparently. Not an agri dealer anymore.

My father had a combine one time I've no idea what model but it was a massey anyway.
He was selling it and a fella came and spent the full day crawling into it and looking at everything even spots you couldn't see he had a mirror to reach down to see.
The bought it and it's parked outside since then

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Must be related to KOB :whistle:

Zetors and a good bit of Major stuff??

in my case it was two step frame box type artic trailers, when i looked at them they were only fit for agri work at that stage but were good enough for it.
i ended going to the financial controller for a price on them and he asked me 6k each.
now i bid him 3k each and he was nearly insulted, i didnt low ball him either as it would of been the going rate at the time for one in that shape but he refused me point blank stating thats what they were on the books for and they had to get it.
and as true as god i passed by the yard not 8 mths later and there was a lad in with a scrap lorry and the hot spanner chopping them up.
i didnt loose any sleep over it.
but they would of been going well if they made 1k each for scrap.

If you think you could buy them cheap you mustn't have tried buy much off kellys. Anything I ever priced second hand there is always a steep enough price. I reckon if they were priced right they would have been shifted by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re the new but aged looking power harrows in Kelly's...
They're 7k +vat for any one of them. Not heavy duty machines either.
I was mildly interested until I heard the price. :undecided:
MF30

MF30
Is that not a good price?
What's the likes of a maschio worth?

MF30
8500 so, I think I'd prefer to do towbar on it and buy a Kuhn 3002 and have the rest to refurbish it.

Not sure to be honest but I think I'd feel safer with a good used Kuhn for similar money. I wonder if parts are common or easy to get seeing that these machines have been parked for a while. Maybe someone here will buy one and let us know next year:lol:
MF30

Is that not a good price?
What's the likes of a maschio worth?

Good price....no way,nash has sorta said tge truth.
Mashio were fond of leaking,am freindly with a main dealer that used to sell them new,and he often said new ones would often leak....,

8500 so, I think I'd prefer to do towbar on it and buy a Kuhn 3002 and have the rest to refurbish it.

Very true,even at 4000 i think you would be safer with the kuhn

Good price....no way,nash has sorta said tge truth.
Mashio were fond of leaking,am freindly with a main dealer that used to sell them new,and he often said new ones would often leak....,

Very true,even at 4000 i think you would be safer with the kuhn

A heap so.
I've no idea what a Harrow is new I would have said around 25k?

Where did it all go?
Kinda disappeared overnight

From what I was told the remaining gear was all brought to a field a stones throw from the forecourt (Cork City side of the Dealership) and left there. I noticed that there was a tanker inside the gate but it's hard to see the rest of the stuff from the road.

Next time I'm passing to my uncle's place near Macroom I must cast a quick look and see if it's all still there.

From what I was told the remaining gear was all brought to a field a stones throw from the forecourt (Cork City side of the Dealership) and left there. I noticed that there was a tanker inside the gate but it's hard to see the rest of the stuff from the road.

Next time I'm passing to my uncle's place near Macroom I must cast a quick look and see if it's all still there.
I never knew that I must give a good look around next time I'm passing.
Must be fairly rotten now

I never knew that I must give a good look around next time I'm passing.
Must be fairly rotten now

Now this was over 2 years ago since I was told this by one of the lads working there at the time so I presume nothing was done with the gear since.....

You may say what was put in there is red rotten by now. The stuff was shook enough when it was parked across from the Main building few years ago. :thumbdown: Shame because it would have been of some use to someone.

Back