Seen for sale...

Noticed of late that you see a number of tractors on Done Deal from Irish dealers and the pics are from the UK dealer they bought it off. That is big money for the T6090, you could probably get a T7.210 for not much more

I presume there was commission on the auction price, Townson had their slice, and it will cost to bring it over, so the price might need to there

I presume there was commission on the auction price, Townson had their slice, and it will cost to bring it over, so the price might need to there
It’s still down to what it’s worth, too many middle men in that deal needing a slice so now it’s way over priced. Noticed that too @Profi Farmer is it the big prices that they need to advertise them ASAP to try and get them shifted.

It’s still down to what it’s worth, too many middle men in that deal needing a slice so now

Kinda my point really, there is approx €13k between auction price and price now.
Take auction fees, transport etc, and 2 dealer margins out of that and mark up is not huge, just a dealer too many involved as you say

Lads seem to be very hung up on what someone else is making on something.

As has been said there are auction fees, transport costs to the first garage. That garage has to pay rates, public liability employers liability cover the insurance on every asset in the yard at any one time and probably get someone to valet it. The next man then has more transport costs, insurance etc, check over the tractor probably give it a engine service at least and fix any little niggle things the new owner wants done. He also has to register the tractor for the new owner which might not be expensive in itself but will also take half a day for a employee to load it up, go get it registered and come back, he has to be payed as does the expenses of the truck have to be payed for as the new owner will want the tractor delivered at the price agreed not the advertised one, After that it could be sitting in a yard for a few months while the garage pays interest on the over draft the tractor was bought with. When the tractor is sold its sold with warranty which may never be needed but invariably on a certain amount of machines it does. If he ends up in the gearbox or engine he may have to sell a few tractors to cover the loss making excercise on the bad one. When looked into the level of insurance to be properly covered a lot more than you hear of lads saying they have garage insurance for 1100 euro, this barely covers you to drive on the road. I am nor probably never will be buying or selling gear so I'm sure I've missed out on a few more "hidden" costs there
No garage owner is going to retire on the one tractor.

Lads seem to be very hung up on what someone else is making on something.

As has been said there are auction fees, transport costs to the first garage. That garage has to pay rates, public liability employers liability cover the insurance on every asset in the yard at any one time and probably get someone to valet it. The next man then has more transport costs, insurance etc, check over the tractor probably give it a engine service at least and fix any little niggle things the new owner wants done. He also has to register the tractor for the new owner which might not be expensive in itself but will also take half a day for a employee to load it up, go get it registered and come back, he has to be payed as does the expenses of the truck have to be payed for as the new owner will want the tractor delivered at the price agreed not the advertised one, After that it could be sitting in a yard for a few months while the garage pays interest on the over draft the tractor was bought with. When the tractor is sold its sold with warranty which may never be needed but invariably on a certain amount of machines it does. If he ends up in the gearbox or engine he may have to sell a few tractors to cover the loss making excercise on the bad one. When looked into the level of insurance to be properly covered a lot more than you hear of lads saying they have garage insurance for 1100 euro, this barely covers you to drive on the road. I am nor probably never will be buying or selling gear so I'm sure I've missed out on a few more "hidden" costs there
No garage owner is going to retire on the one tractor.
Seen as I’m the person who posted about the tractor I take you think that I’m the one hung up on what that dealer has out of that particular deal, I can assure you I’m certainly not. I’m well aware that the world has to go around and that a second hand dealer obviously has to mark up a tractor to make a profit, I don’t expect a tractor to be bought at an auction and two weeks later turn up for less than it was sold, I’m also well aware of the overheads encountered by such businesses, maybe I’m alone in just being a bit surprised at seeing a tractor increase by almost 33% in value as I said earlier I couldn’t see there being room for two dealers on that tractor, by the logic that they all need to make a profit another dealer should be able to buy that and add on another few thousand because he needs a profit as well, doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the value of it.

Seen as I’m the person who posted about the tractor I take you think that I’m the one hung up on what that dealer has out of that particular deal, I can assure you I’m certainly not. I’m well aware that the world has to God around and that a second hand dealer obviously has to mark up a tractor to make a profit, I don’t expect a tractor to be bought at an auction and two weeks later turn up for less than it was sold, I’m also well aware of the overheads encountered by such businesses, maybe I’m alone in just being a bit surprised at seeing a tractor increase by almost 33% in value as I said earlier I couldn’t see there being room for two dealers on that tractor, by the logic that they all need to make a profit another dealer should be able to buy that and add on another few thousand because he needs a profit as well, doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the value of it.

I wasn't directly having a go at you but more a observation in general. It doesn't matter what the tractor was at the auction or how many people handled it. The dealer advertised it at what he sees as market value and if he sells below cost or is left with it that is his business the same as his profit is his business.

My general annoyance might come from a lad who was asking what I though of a tractor one day, a few days later he rang to say he did the deal but he was more concerned about how much the dealer made in the deal than anything else and he rang to ask how much I thought the dealer paid for it at auction.

Back