Slurry agitator which one ??

Sorry, never had my camera with me.
i can only say there are 25 14ft stirrers out there and they all cope without complaint or comment.
Because it is a rotating, one piece, tube it can be cut to any length.
some have a 3m extention frame so they can stir lagoons as well.

there is a few pics of a stirrer inserted but it is just imposible to film underslats - fumes, dark etc.

I'd just like to see a video of it being put down a manhole. Surely you have a video of that? Even a video of the slurry flowing around the manhole would give an idea of its under slat abilities. Or do you think its really only suitable for lagoons. Like I was saying you really need to demo this machine in slatted tanks. I'll be sticking with my pump

I'd just like to see a video of it being put down a manhole. Surely you have a video of that? Even a video of the slurry flowing around the manhole would give an idea of its under slat abilities. Or do you think its really only suitable for lagoons. Like I was saying you really need to demo this machine in slatted tanks. I'll be sticking with my pump

the flow of slurry would be identical to the lagoon video on the website. i accept the posts etc makes it more difficult but jetters can never match an impeller.
As i have said before, a crowd would disperse much quicker if an impeller came at them, but resist a water canon.
if you contact Elliot at Bennagri he may be able to suggest something. i have a list of customers i supplied to Ireland but dont know your location.
i have taken your request on board and will look for an opportunity to video something.
i would be happy to supply on a sale or return but, at the moment, it would have to be via Bennagri.
have a chat with him at the ploughing match, or ring him.
if you message me with your details i can forward it to Bennagri.

the flow of slurry would be identical to the lagoon video on the website. i accept the posts etc makes it more difficult but jetters can never match an impeller.
As i have said before, a crowd would disperse much quicker if an impeller came at them, but resist a water canon.
if you contact Elliot at Bennagri he may be able to suggest something. i have a list of customers i supplied to Ireland but dont know your location.
i have taken your request on board and will look for an opportunity to video something.
i would be happy to supply on a sale or return but, at the moment, it would have to be via Bennagri.
have a chat with him at the ploughing match, or ring him.
if you message me with your details i can forward it to Bennagri.

Can you post the pics you posted the link to i cant find .

There all of stirring lagoons and over ground stores was lookong to see for slatted tanks .

yes
sorry but as I have said, nearly impossible to have a meaningful video under slats with no light and gas danger.
I can assure you that the thrust you see in the lagoon and to a lesser extent the tower video's is what will happen under slats.
My part of the UK just has no underslat stores.
my son intends to visit more farms next spring so I will see what he can find with his camera expertise, being young!
none of the 14ft stirrers I have supplied are used by contractors.

Was just looking to see how the fit compared to the pump mixers .

without doubt it is easier to lower a pump through the access hole, especially when they are smaller than 30"sq.
However, the extra 10 mins ? spent inserting the stirrer is payed back in no time, and the resultant slurry is much easier to pump
as it is chopped to a lump free slurry.

without doubt it is easier to lower a pump through the access hole, especially when they are smaller than 30"sq.
However, the extra 10 mins ? spent inserting the stirrer is payed back in no time, and the resultant slurry is much easier to pump
as it is chopped to a lump free slurry.
I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here, the stirrer will not mix the stuff right behind the tractor in a single slat tank , it might get it in a double if its below the support beams, also in a single tank how far it mixes depends on the width of the tank, the wider the better.

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here, the stirrer will not mix the stuff right behind the tractor in a single slat tank , it might get it in a double if its below the support beams, also in a single tank how far it mixes depends on the width of the tank, the wider the better.

I agree that 40ft up a single width tank is about the max before the circulation is killed. i think the mixit's extra thrust from the two stage impeller might enable more luck with the slurry below the tractor.
Anyway, it is time central wall systems or access at both ends, or all corners, was a must.

We used a whisk or stirer years ago in a 3 bay 6' deep back to back. There was a rail built into the tank to slide it down into it. Slurry was just below the beams at the time and we were having trouble getting lumps moving with a nc super 3000.

Well we were better of using a kitchen whisk, and it went back into the nettles where it stayed ever since. In a open lagoon rain water is falling onto the krust keeping it soft and I'd image there is alot more water under the krust too, much different under the slats

Honestly I dont have experience of tanks but on my lagoon the mixit mixes it 1.5 hours instead of 3.5+ with a malger type

Thanks for that woulnt fit into my tanks just have the square points

as far as I know all the 14ft stirrers are used through 30" or more square access holes.
a few people lift slats if the installation was not provided with access at both ends of a single passage.
I have had little feedback/complaints so they must be happy!
the pic in the link is a Scottish contractor who mainly stirrers lined lagoons, but loves to explore other uses.

Still on the look out for a sh agitator running into difficulty in two tanks as its tight on space getting in. With the contractors one as its too big. Iv used both a nc 3000 i think the one that you have to remove the pto to move tanks and also a painted redrock one but I’d rather not have to borrow one everytime a tank is full or at silage time its nightmare to get anyone. Not looking to spend mad money but dont want to buy a bad yoke either. Whats the options? Someone mentioned on here before a redrock superflow? Iv only the cs94 to drive it

Still on the look out for a sh agitator running into difficulty in two tanks as its tight on space getting in. With the contractors one as its too big. Iv used both a nc 3000 i think the one that you have to remove the pto to move tanks and also a painted redrock one but I’d rather not have to borrow one everytime a tank is full or at silage time its nightmare to get anyone. Not looking to spend mad money but dont want to buy a bad yoke either. Whats the options? Someone mentioned on here before a redrock superflow? Iv only the cs94 to drive it
Have a galv Redrock here for prob 15 years, cost about €4500 at the time, superflow I think, grand yoke, have 110hp on it and it doesn't seem under pressure. You can adjust the angle of flow up and down on a turnscrew and rotate it prob 270 degrees. Don't have to take off the pto when you lift it up. Change the rubber bushing last year other than that it has nothing done to it.

find the nc su model grand. 90 hp would manage it fine. have it a while now with no issue. only ever got blocked on the very bottom with bits of rubber mats or silage/nett. external lift controls would be a must for putting on toplink which carries a big ram on it imo. they re not mad money new either

Back