Spring Barley - General Thread

Ploughed with pacomat, spread the compound, a run of the karat (the cattle had done some damage over the winter), sown with the Vaddy and ring rolled.
Fine, firm and level.
View attachment 64742 View attachment 64743 View attachment 64744

Lovely job gone, I assume that's after the Gordon? Arrow straight!

On the left Spring Barley direct into Cover Crop with the Horsch ST . On the right it got a run of the Horsch Terranno a few weeks ago and sowed with the Horsch ST .
The Cover was Seven way magic Mix.
View attachment 64748

Maybe I need together stronger glasses too but am I right in thinking the direct drilled barley is more advanced? It looks slightly greener in any case.

Last field of spring barley in today. In two minds as to whether to roll tomorrow or not. A lot of rain forecast for down here Sunday and Monday, field is steep so rolling would probably be a benefit to stop any soil movement, but worried it could cap afterwards. Opinions welcome!!

Last field of spring barley in today. In two minds as to whether to roll tomorrow or not. A lot of rain forecast for down here Sunday and Monday, field is steep so rolling would probably be a benefit to stop any soil movement, but worried it could cap afterwards. Opinions welcome!!

I wouldn’t roll as it looks like there could be a lot. Plant across the hill if you can.

Is there an awful lot of rain? Any of the forecasts I’m looking at are not too bad at all

It nearly keeps changing by the hour to be honest.

It seems we have a blocking high on the east coast and depending on how it shifts we could have some rain in the south east or virtually nothing.

Nice green tinge on the first field sown here today, two weeks and a day to come up.

Was picking stones off my own too again, two weeks next Sunday and just about breaking the surface.

Surely if the conditions are right ,( top of ground white,) it shouldn't matter?

Back