water usage in this dry spell

Four liners would only be 80-100ft??.
We would be on a high water table here but still bored to 150 ft which gives plenty reserve.
Local group scheme went to 350 ft to get enough reserve.
Did you get it divined before boring.

He was here yesterday for a look.

I got a lad to devine this morning and got three springs near enough to the house.

Drilling rig supposed to be here this evening.

This drawing water and the pump airlocking crack is warping my fragile little mind!!!

He was here yesterday for a look.

I got a lad to devine this morning and got three springs near enough to the house.

Drilling rig supposed to be here this evening.

This drawing water and the pump airlocking crack is warping my fragile little mind!!!

hope you got the piccys ready:thumbup::thumbup:

Two storage tanks... One 500gal for clean well water for the palour and another catching from the gutters for drinkers etc.

Drilled down 200 feet and should have loads of water. Pump going in tommorow.

Will be able to have a bath once a week whether i need it or not.

Was wondering where the smell was coming from alright [emoji51]

Submersible I presume.

got a new vessel the other day, water pressure is still crap , going to lift pump later as the screen might need to be cleaned-again

after lilfting pump it was stuck in muck, have iron in water here... we are after cleaning the filter and we will put it down but not as far as it was

No iron here but the water has a savage amount of lime in it. Often seen it white coming out of the tap. About 3 boilings after cleaning the kettle it's getting layered in lime again.

No iron here but the water has a savage amount of lime in it. Often seen it white coming out of the tap. About 3 boilings after cleaning the kettle it's getting layered in lime again.

Same problem here in one well. Did you try a Brita filter?

I must say I do like the taste of our water though!

how much did it cost? i am thinking of drilling again, as water pressure is still crap, the brown stuff is all over everything- kitchen aplliances etc- well we had before this was fine. Thinking of drilling a bit further away, no point having to lift pump every few years, it should do a long time

Does everybody get a mineral and bacteriological test done on their own supply of water and treat as required?

how much did it cost? i am thinking of drilling again, as water pressure is still crap, the brown stuff is all over everything- kitchen aplliances etc- well we had before this was fine. Thinking of drilling a bit further away, no point having to lift pump every few years, it should do a long time

Its a tenner a foot to drill and then the pump and vessel. I got a few pound off as guy drilling is a neighbour. Could you keep the pump up a bit in the well you have. Might be cleaner up further from the bottom. We left 20 ft under the pump.

Similar here if doing any work on the water system, for a little while after the pump is turned back on, get a bit of lime in the water but it settles again.

Its a tenner a foot to drill and then the pump and vessel. I got a few pound off as guy drilling is a neighbour. Could you keep the pump up a bit in the well you have. Might be cleaner up further from the bottom. We left 20 ft under the pump.

yes we left it a bit up from where it was, just after finding a water leak, so will wait a few days and see if things improve

Same problem here in one well. Did you try a Brita filter?

I must say I do like the taste of our water though!
Yeah we had them here for a while but I found anyway that it put a taste on the water or maybe it the lack of lime?. Didn't like the filtered water anyway so I drink it straight from the tap.
Similar here if doing any work on the water system, for a little while after the pump is turned back on, get a bit of lime in the water but it settles again.
Sometimes after a lot of fierce heavy rain the water goes white from the tap. It would actually be fizzing in a cup.
Does everybody get a mineral and bacteriological test done on their own supply of water and treat as required?
Nope, The well here is a long way from any potential source of pollution. Not the point I suppose but thats how it is.

How does your well preform during the rest of the year mf ?this happened me before to but my well went dry and I ended up digging a new well :crying: but I got them to deepen the other well aswell and hit a good supply of water so now ive it set up in such away that one well kicks in when the others under pressure

Fair detail ye went to there [MENTION=4579]jf 850[/MENTION] :lol::eek:

Both wells given trouble ATM. Between the two of them their struggling to supply the cattle and I've a problem with iron in the water as well. I was talking to a man today and he was telling me that I should put down a precast tank and pump the well water in to it that way id have enough water for the cattle and the iron should settle in the bottom of the tank. Has anyone a similar system?

Both wells given trouble ATM. Between the two of them their struggling to supply the cattle and I've a problem with iron in the water as well. I was talking to a man today and he was telling me that I should put down a precast tank and pump the well water in to it that way id have enough water for the cattle and the iron should settle in the bottom of the tank. Has anyone a similar system?
Any reliable springs nearby? Iron has a bad habit of clogging up pressure cut off switches etc, we'd have to clean the pressure switch here twice a year to keep it right.

Back