Deutz Tractors

These never seemed to sell in great numbers
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/deutz-fahr-agroplus-95/25399113

NzYwMmY3YzY5MjQxZGFmMjIwYjQ5YWUwYThiMDdiNjZAkmwCsShGX0n-JVbfvydHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE3MTE2ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A Same explorer in a different frock... Handy tractor but gear stick placement was odd.. The range selector was nearly under the seat.

Different cab to an Explorer too? I had not realised the Same influence on the smaller ones had crept in that early.

Different cab to an Explorer too? I had not realised the Same influence on the smaller ones had crept in that early.

Yep different cab with the deutz colour coded levers etc but mechanically a Same underneath. A relative has one, must have her 20yrs now and she's been faultless for him.

These look like a good loader tractor with the sloped bonnet. Anyone know much about them?

Parris have a real tidy 6.11 with quicke loader at moment. Probably go big money. I might ask him to hold it for 2 years for me :wub:

A 2018 Deutz has wrecked its gearbox at just over 2000 hours. €15000 thank you very much. Negotiations are ongoing. It had a two year 2000 hour warranty which included a service obligation .I imagine it is a fairly big tractor . The lads would not be extra hard on machines.

A 2018 Deutz has wrecked its gearbox at just over 2000 hours. €15000 thank you very much. Negotiations are ongoing. It had a two year 2000 hour warranty which included a service obligation .I imagine it is a fairly big tractor . The lads would not be extra hard on machines.

In the late 1980s , so 30 plus years ago , a Deutz 630 or 650 was ploughing reclaimed ground and a pipe got damaged underneath. All the oil went.out out the gearbox and it locked up. A new gearbox cost £7000 at that time , which id say was nearly worse than 15000 now.

Would any other make of tractor be any better ?

The new big hp deutz tractors are supposed to be very troublesome. Heard of a man in limerick had the box out 3 times in 3 years, gone to fendt now. Do they have a MAN engine or am I imagining that?

The new big hp deutz tractors are supposed to be very troublesome. Heard of a man in limerick had the box out 3 times in 3 years, gone to fendt now. Do they have a MAN engine or am I imagining that?
I’m wary of Deutz tractors ever since the Italians took over. Maybe I’m worrying over nothing.
The smaller Fendts have Deutz engines, I think the 700 series have MAN engines.
When we were looking at moving to a Fendt, the Deutz engine was probably the bit that worried me most.
However, when I researched it, I found that Deutz engines are separate from SDF (SDF have a shareholding). All the top people appear to be German and most of their plants are in Germany.
So far, I couldn’t fault the Deutz engine , 750 hours done.

What model Deutz?

I’m wary of Deutz tractors ever since the Italians took over. Maybe I’m worrying over nothing.
The smaller Fendts have Deutz engines, I think the 700 series have MAN engines.
When we were looking at moving to a Fendt, the Deutz engine was probably the bit that worried me most.
However, when I researched it, I found that Deutz engines are separate from SDF (SDF have a shareholding). All the top people appear to be German and most of their plants are in Germany.
So far, I couldn’t fault the Deutz engine , 750 hours done.
I think volvo actually own deutz engines or at least did at some point i wonder will deutz continue to sell here over the next 10 years? There market share must be small enough

I think volvo actually own deutz engines or at least did at some point i wonder will deutz continue to sell here over the next 10 years? There market share must be small enough
Yes, Volvo had a share holding for a while but sold their share I believe.
Edit: I think Volvo were the largest shareholder from 2012-2017 with 25% ownership. They sold this in 2017. They bought it from SDF in 2012. After selling shares to Volvo, SDF only had approx 8% ownership of Deutz engines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Their market share in the whole of the British Isles must be small enough when the local, now ex, Deutz dealer won the UK/IRL dealer award a number of years ago and they wouldn't have been selling big numbers.

What model Deutz?
Their cousin told me and he would not be familiar with the tractor as he is more of a stock man. I do not think Deutz mother ship were good on warranty. New Holland and Class would have a better record for out of warranty sympathy.

Their cousin told me and he would not be familiar with the tractor as he is more of a stock man. I do not think Deutz mother ship were good on warranty. New Holland and Class would have a better record for out of warranty sympathy.

Similar story with one beside me. Was talking to a Deutz dealer earlier in the year and he was not happy, poor product compared to previous models and very little support or help from sdf in trying to sort issues. If a dealer has no confidence in their relationship with the manufacturer it will not end well for the customer. Felt sorry for the dealer he had always worked hard to build the brand and support the customers but all previous effort seemed to be forgotten by the manufacturer.

Similar story with one beside me. Was talking to a Deutz dealer earlier in the year and he was not happy, poor product compared to previous models and very little support or help from sdf in trying to sort issues. If a dealer has no confidence in their relationship with the manufacturer it will not end well for the customer. Felt sorry for the dealer he had always worked hard to build the brand and support the customers but all previous effort seemed to be forgotten by the manufacturer.
The tractor is on the next road over to you. Do you know the model of the tractor.

Deutz would be selling a fair few engine units of say now. Every second loading shovel now seems to have a deutz in them

Back