120-140hp tractor with loader

Gudstock

We are looking for a second hand tractor 120-140hp with a loader.
Current tractor is 80hp and will be kept on. Our current tractor is too light for some of our jobs: carting Fusion bales around, low loader and mole ploughing.
We have been looking at NH6030, NH t6120-60, Case maxxum 110, 120, 125, Valtra N series 113, 123, 143. Years from 2008 to 2018.
Reason for NH, Case and valtra is we asked local independent mechanic for reliable ones that were easy to service and fix.

Any opinions please?

Been touring the country looking at various models, looking for that mystical clean low houred machine that is reasonably priced.

On the Valtras, anyone with N series? Hitec 3 manual transmission better than hitec 5 powershift?

Current tractor is 80hp and will be kept on. Our current tractor is too light for some of our jobs: carting Fusion bales around, low loader and mole ploughing.
We have been looking at NH6030, NH t6120-60, Case maxxum 110, 120, 125, Valtra N series 113, 123, 143. Years from 2008 to 2018.
Reason for NH, Case and valtra is we asked local independent mechanic for reliable ones that were easy to service and fix.

Any opinions please?

Been touring the country looking at various models, looking for that mystical clean low houred machine that is reasonably priced.

On the Valtras, anyone with N series? Hitec 3 manual transmission better than hitec 5 powershift?
Budget?

Any opinions please?

Hitec 5 is a lovely gearbox, range changes are a small bit slow is only thing. Hitec 3 is handy in the sense that you just put it into gear as usual and then have your splitters, can take 10 seconds to get down into creeper gears on 5 as you have to go through all the ranges. There is savage steering lock on the 3 and 4 series compared to what came before it.
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27741285
Valtra N113

That is a very clean tractor but I have no idea on what he wants for it,

I would consider the valtra a better tractor than the nh, we twice looked at them before going with valtra, but you will probably buy the equivalent nh cheaper. Cases aren’t big around here at all.

Is the N143 same physical size as the n113/n123? I know the engine is slightly bigger in the 143.
The one i was looking at did not have a push out hitch, is that a must in an n series?

On the NH pricing, some models are really expensive, 2014 or 2015 t6120 - 6160 without loader, say up to 3500 hrs, 63 to 67k euros incl vat

Is the N143 same physical size as the n113/n123? I know the engine is slightly bigger in the 143.
The one i was looking at did not have a push out hitch, is that a must in an n series?

On the NH pricing, some models are really expensive, 2014 or 2015 t6120 - 6160 without loader, say up to 3500 hrs, 63 to 67k euros incl vat
No need for push out hitch i think i never missed it, doesn't go forward when you drop. It takes up a spool valve too i think. I d have a trailer picked up while you d be plugging in the spools. There is a mirror on back window which is grand once its clean.

Don’t have a hydraulic hitch either, the mirror is very handy. Maybe if you were used to it you would miss it.
They are the same size physically also.
we don’t have front suspension in our 124 but it is a serious job if you can get it

Any opinions please?

personally id go down the 6 cylinder route for the extra tug so i'd go for a t6030 or t6050 but have heard the t6050 to be a bit dead. the electroshift and electrocommand boxes are known to be whiney in them. same in the t6. and id go for a "plus" model with the t60's for the ccls hydraulics for the front loader. there are other things on the "plus" spec like the mechanical pump on the engine compared to the common rail on the "elite" spec.

with the maxxums, be wary about them either being 4 or 6 pots. take the maxxum 125 for example, the 2007 to 2014 models had a 6 cylinder engine, after that, it became a 4 cylinder. same can be said for the nh t6, like the t6.155, early style bonnet was a 6 cylinder, newer style it became a 4 cylinder

i think in your budget you can get a clean t6.155 or 165 with the older bonnet but the hours might be on the higher side

I would recommend getting the push back hitch, it can be set up with a switch in the cab and doesn't take up a actual spool. Mine is on 580/70/38 tyres and the hitch doesn't quite go down to the ground and it often bests me if a drawbar has sank a bit

Have you priced a new tractor for comparison. The price difference between new and secondhand may tempt you. 7 years finance vs 5 years.

you mentioned a newholland t6030, if I was buying one I'd be going with a dual command transmission, I say this because we had an electro command ts115a for 7 years which is the same tractor as a t6030 and although it was a nice tractor it gave us a lot of bother. I know a few lads who run dual command tsa's and t6's and they've been bombproof for them. we have a deutz agrotron 130 now which has been a brilliant tractor I might add

I would recommend getting the push back hitch, it can be set up with a switch in the cab and doesn't take up a actual spool. Mine is on 580/70/38 tyres and the hitch doesn't quite go down to the ground and it often bests me if a drawbar has sank a bit

Only have driven N1's and T1's and youd think that issue would have been resolved by now...

Drove a 6145L with loader. Didnt like manual shuttle and hyd pump was slow with loader

You can get a power shuttle too and extra hydraulic capacity.

Dont know what to make of them though and I think you would need a good dealer near you to swing it.

Have you priced a new tractor for comparison. The price difference between new and secondhand may tempt you. 7 years finance vs 5 years.
Yes, priced new, not possible, I have nothing to trade against it so too dear. Couldn't justify new for the bit I will be doing, even hard to justify used but I like to do my own jobs myself when it suits me and weather etc.

Going touring again tomorrow, will be my fifth day browsing and driving, looking for that good deal...Fairly fed up of it now though. Nothing but donedeal.

Going touring again tomorrow, will be my fifth day browsing and driving, looking for that good deal...Fairly fed up of it now though. Nothing but donedeal.
I'm fishing out of an even smaller pool, looking for a low roof, low hours, 100-120hp tractor.
14 weeks and haven't found what I want.

you probably won,t even consider this but those new BASAK ? tractors look well and are priced under 60k, deutz engine, carraro front axle and zf gearbox

Back