6 Nations 2021

I thought from when James Lowe became Irish he'd be brilliant but he's not half the player that he is with leinster. Middling in attack and atrocious in defence. Without looking back I'd say he was negatively involved in half the trys we conceded

Stander can't pass, Dorris and Coombes in time are better options.
Lowe can't defend, we have loads of better options on the wing, Stockdale, Conway, larmour. Earl is nailed on starter.
Ringrose had a poor game but is a class act.
Baird is a future star.
Lucky to win in the end, we were better than them but tried hard to throw it away. Creativity in attack is an issue, some good some mediocre.

Jesus I went off to milk and they were 21-10 up said to myself game in the bag. The ould man came down to the pit and I asked score said was only 3 points in and was level pegging up to a few mins to go.

I thought from when James Lowe became Irish he'd be brilliant but he's not half the player that he is with leinster. Middling in attack and atrocious in defence. Without looking back I'd say he was negatively involved in half the trys we conceded
Lowe looked lost today, I'm surprised he wasn't subbed sooner and Larmour was the obvious choice, on the other wing Earls had a good outing compared to a lack lustre performance last day out.

Pretty sloppy performance I think. That henshaw try was a fluke. Our players are static waiting for the ball to come to them as usual and they are running across the field and backwards along of the time to boot.
My theory on why we do so poor against England is simple. If you are standing waiting for to recieve ball it's does a few different things.
The defence have something easy to read to line up man on man against. That in turn makes the rush defense extremely simple to use effectively, you each know exactly what you are doing in defense you've got a man on and you are running straight for them to hit them
So that stands up the attacking team. The attack should be running at the defense sitting them down in place to brace for it but just the opposite happens when a rush defense is against a static pre planned attack. And to boot the defense need only disrupt the flow of that pre planned attack to render it useless.
The other part is that if you are standing waiting for the ball you have to wait for it to actually reach you. The defense just runs as soon as the ball is lifted so by the time it reaches the carrier the defense has about 1.5 to 2 seconds of a running head start made 5-10 yards and have gained that momentum where as the carrier hasn't even moved yet and can't overcome that momentum.
Then you get guys running across field. Now think how long it takes them to run that, straight ahead making a yard up field takes a fraction of a second, running across takes seconds without any gain, these are valuable seconds which close the distance between the carrier and the defense at the expense of making a yard up field and even a new off sideline etc.

I just think from what I've seen today that we are heading for another hammering against England. I can't see us scoring a try apart from mauling out of the corner.

Tight head but loose limbed!

Squeaky bum time now .
Down to 14 men with 14 minutes or so to go and england needing 3 converted tries, if you saw what happened between leinster and ospreys last night where ospreys scored 21 points in 8 minutes to take the win as leinster went down a man anything was possible, worked out ok in the end despite going down to 13 players, nice finish up for CJ.

That elbow what did people think? I'm very annoyed by the lack of reffing at the breakdown the ref might be wanting them to compete by genuinely lifting the ball but how can they when the carrier is holding on to it on the ground.

Back