Berthoud Trailed Sprayer Rebuild

Did you consider reversing the threads on the wheels John?

I think it reduces wear.

Did you consider reversing the threads on the wheels John?

I think it reduces wear.

ya i see photos on the internet of sprayers with the tyres facing backwards but i think it looks odd. It would make sense if it reduces wear though.
For the bit of spraying we have to do we'll be along time wearing the tyres off it.

ya i see photos on the internet of sprayers with the tyres facing backwards but i think it looks odd. It would make sense if it reduces wear though.
For the bit of spraying we have to do we'll be along time wearing the tyres off it.
Not so much for reducing wear, but it makes things easier pulled on the land....wrong way if pulled, right way if driven.

Not so much for reducing wear, but it makes things easier pulled on the land....wrong way if pulled, right way if driven.

Yeah that was the way in the old days ( cross ply tyres ) but modern radial tyres are designed to run one way , I would think.

I have the rear wheels on the combine turned around as well as the sprayer. Keeps them rotating longer in sticky conditions I find!

Yeah that was the way in the old days ( cross ply tyres ) but modern radial tyres are designed to run one way , I would think.

Not to do with wear, more to do with the way the angle of the tread bar interacts with the soil.

New stickers and first section of booms on

DSC_0785[1].jpg

DSC_0789[1].jpg

Some of the stuff that takes up alot of time

DSC_0754[1].jpg

DSC_0755[1].jpg

DSC_0791[1].jpg

A few of the parts i sent away to be zinc plated

DSC_0782[1].jpg

Everyone will think you have actually bought a new sprayer!!!!

You'll cry when you get a good dose of Nirvana or Stomp on it!

John won't want to mucky it either Cork [emoji16]

Ours has been bogged once and thrown on its side once, still it runs well and passed its test with flying colours a few weeks ago.

he'll have to let me take the Berthoud for a field test........:D

Everyone will think you have actually bought a new sprayer!!!!

You'll cry when you get a good dose of Nirvana or Stomp on it!

First job for it is a box of nirvana waiting in the shed, so that should knock the shinyness off the booms

First job for it is a box of nirvana waiting in the shed, so that should knock the shinyness off the booms
Well for fock sake make sure it's calm when ur spraying it cause it's stuck to everything here worst crap I've ever seen my booms are destroyed and spraying on a brow the other say it got breezy and the tank is orange on one side.the poor steam washer is nearly burnt out

Pendimethalin (stomp and part of nivana) was originally designed as a dye. It was only later that they discovered that it kill weeds.

Having booms in yellow paint can make a lot of sense!

As a word of warning if spraying stomp or nirvana or flight etc run clean water through it when finished, still picking bits out of nozzles since last autums flight on the wb

Back