case cvx's

did you have many problems with her:confused1:

No, very good, had a new gear box at 1400 hours, warranty work.
Fix when fail, think take one back wheel off, pull gear box out the side and away you go.
Think a box was £4000 plus labour.

No, very good, had a new gear box at 1400 hours, warranty work.
Fix when fail, think take one back wheel off, pull gear box out the side and away you go.
Think a box was £4000 plus labour.
not bad then:thumbup1:what age was she

Are these the steyer jobs? I had a blue 05 TVT 175 for a season on hire, thought it was good....., recently replaced the TM175 for a T7040 A/C which I really like, wouldnt go back to a straight P/S box.

i think thats the boyo

did that 1 have a angled roof lining??

yes, A,B,C speeds on the cab pillar..... cab was small but it is on the 7040..

Bolt on PTO was a pita and front linkage with weight block was nasty on the road...

bit of a one driver machine, but varios tend to be.

not bad then:thumbup1:what age was she

04 reg, before power boast came out.
It was very good at running by the drainer.
TVTandlanddrainer.jpg

The puma CVX 160 will be here next year and will have IVECO type engine.
The current CVX will, i guess will soon be gone and i think there will be some very good deals out there to move the last CVXs on.
In 2007, i had a price for a new CVX 170 and a JD 6930.
The CVX was very well speced and was a lot less money than the JD.
The finance was very good to.

The current CVX will, i guess will soon be gone and i think there will be some very good deals out there to move the last CVXs on.
now for ya.
personally i wouldnt put them in the same class at all, the cvx would eat the jd im afraid imo.

the only thing i hear them giving out about on them is the small cab??, i think they mean the fact that you can get a nasty bang on the head from the roof unit, and the fact that to be comfortable you may need the seat so close that your knees bang a bit on the dash. im over 6' and it dont bother me much tho.

the one i had did have a bit of a low roof, not much to worry about.
had window cards made up for the TVT, tried fitting them to the MF and found that the were all about 6" to short.
The latter CVX tractor have a glass sun roof and do make them seen a bit better.

Have 06 1170 & 08 6930, both bought new, CVX was only 1K more but is a lot higher spec.

I find the cab fine, only downside I find is there's not 1 flat surface anywhere.

now for ya.
personally i wouldnt put them in the same class at all, the cvx would eat the jd im afraid imo.
At times yes, but I have been surprised at times too, & no I'm not a deereoid :tt2:

silly question time:whistling:

if i was driving a hedger at 1500 rpm(engine)in 540e, i take it i set hand trottle to 1500 then press drive pedal to the speed i want then press cruise control to hold the speed
if i wanted to speed up to travel on can i just press the drive pedal or will it increase engine rpm??

I forget know, i can do that with the MF.
what i did with the CVX,
when hedging or similar i would set the tractor up so i could use the foot pedal as the speed controller. Much like on a hydrostatic sprayer.
Keeping the revs the same, but increasing the forward speed by pushing the pedal and slowing down by lifting off the pedal.

I forget know, i can do that with the MF.
what i did with the CVX,
when hedging or similar i would set the tractor up so i could use the foot pedal as the speed controller. Much like on a hydrostatic sprayer.
Keeping the revs the same, but increasing the forward speed by pushing the pedal and slowing down by lifting off the pedal.
i wouldnt like to keep my foot on the padal ALL day:no:

silly question time:whistling:

if i was driving a hedger at 1500 rpm(engine)in 540e, i take it i set hand trottle to 1500 then press drive pedal to the speed i want then press cruise control to hold the speed
if i wanted to speed up to travel on can i just press the drive pedal or will it increase engine rpm??
pressing down on the speed pedal will only increase your forward speed, if its only for a min its ok, but if you want to increase your speed by say a few km's then you just press the cruise controll + button, also, she has cruise in reverse too:thumbup1:

pressing down on the speed pedal will only increase your forward speed, if its only for a min its ok, but if you want to increase your speed by say a few km's then you just press the cruise controll + button, also, she has cruise in reverse too:thumbup1:
ok:001_cool:

how much does the tractor increase/decrease with each press of the -+ buttons??can it be altered so you got steps like a powershift?

i wouldnt like to keep my foot on the padal ALL day:no:
the pedal is light in them neway, i pass no heed on it. but 40-50% of the time i use cruise too ,depends on what your doing really.

this lad must of just taken delivery and decided to see just what one can do.
either that or she was a demo.
the vid ill give you an idea of the way the engine works with the trans tho.

[YOUTUBE]Xbc4Xmt_LDk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

ok:001_cool:

how much does the tractor increase/decrease with each press of the -+ buttons??can it be altered so you got steps like a powershift?
very small increments if you just tap it, but larger ones if you hold it down.

the only thing about mine (and someone said it earlier) is that it tends to want to keep going after you press the brake pedal, only for a second but it can catch you out if your not aware of it.
the newer ones have that problem fixed in the newer software.

found that with mine it was very easy to press the 50km button to easy when looking out of the back window and trying to find the spool button, then heading off up the field at 50km.

found that with mine it was very easy to press the 50km button to easy when looking out of the back window and trying to find the spool button, then heading off up the field at 50km.
:lol:, been there done that got the t-shirt.
happens all id say.

Back