Covid 19

Proper hand washing and social distancing got us down to 10 cases a day. Was obvs going to be a spike when people started moving around.

Many people dont have any grasp of when this virus is in the reproductive phases

A local man is in hospital with the virus. His kids play football in our local clubs. They have no idea how he caught the virus.

Think this government is all over the place. They have extended opening times of restaurants. Yet they want older people to stay at home again....

You can go to Mass yet you cannot go to a match and have to have less than that at training. There are more of those contradictions at the moment and people will soon lose confidence in the government with this carry on.

This came up last night, bit biased as It's a sports journalist but lots to agree with
https://wexfordtoday.com/2020/08/18/opinion-clueless-government-wages-war-against-sports-fans/

You can go to Mass yet you cannot go to a match and have to have less than that at training. There are more of those contradictions at the moment and people will soon lose confidence in the government with this carry on.

This came up last night, bit biased as It's a sports journalist but lots to agree with
https://wexfordtoday.com/2020/08/18/opinion-clueless-government-wages-war-against-sports-fans/

Is it not to do with how the people at matches interact with each other compared to at mass. They're hardly going to be hugging and cheering each other at communion time:lol:

Government are waging war against real life atm. The aim is to keep people at each others throats over mask or no mask, pub or no pub until people forget that they refused to give Nursing Homes PPE, moved sick people out of hospitals into Nursing Homes, refused to test anyone in Nursing Homes until May, had no plan for Nursing Homes to follow until the end of April. The virus had gone through 141 countries by the time they imposed the lockdown in mid-March, they cannot say they didn't know by then who the vulnerable people were. I've been trying to figure out what the point of all these ridiculous rules are and that's what I've come up with. My theory that is all. These rules are meant to be contradictory and petty to keep people arguing. However they have a major negligence case on their hands if they don't shift the blame.

Here are the latest CSO figures up to 7th August.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40032584.html

The numbers of deaths have been less than 10 for the past 6 weeks with none for the week ended 7th August.
112 people under the age of 65 died in total. 10 of these were younger than 45. 104 had underlying conditions. The average age of people who died was 82, an NUI Maynooth study has found that the virus has shortened the lives of those who died by 3 weeks. The sharp reduction in the number of deaths worldwide must suggest that the virus is weakening in strength as it moves from one person to another, just as all other flu type viruses do.

I'm not sure what some folk want complaining about contradictions in yesterday's restrictions. Personally i feel people need to stop looking so much at politicians and medics for directions on this going forward. Use your loaf.it's taken you this far.children back to school is what i want to see and we'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure what some folk want complaining about contradictions in yesterday's restrictions. Personally i feel people need to stop looking so much at politicians and medics for directions on this going forward. Use your loaf.it's taken you this far.children back to school is what i want to see and we'll see how it goes.

Yes but common sense is not something most people have!!!

I wouldn't agree. Minority of folk are fools. Most i know, i believe them to be doing there best in the circumstances. It's a strange time for all and has taken some getting use to. Sick to the teeth of the moralising and high ground taken by many on this.

I think people are behaving very well but the widespread nature of the small outbreaks is worrying. I think all potential school attendees should go into quarantine or cocoon for a fortnight teachers included.
That way school would be starting with a clean sheet.
This might sound extreme but it would work and give breathing space when schools open.
old people have been cocooning for months and a fortnight is all that is needed.

Won't be popular but in my opinion the future of the young is more important than that of the elderly, the draconian restrictions were in aid of protecting the elderly, if the elderly need to "cocoon " for a few year's until a vaccine is ready, so beit, kids education cannot wait

The young needs to be prioritised more in this country, the elderly always are

Cases have risen but deaths are low thank God. Is it a case younger people are getting it and fighting it off?? Imo we are just going to go around in swings and roundabouts until we either get a vaccine or we all get it. If the nursing home and meat plants had been sorted quicker and better we wouldn't have had half the casualties now. I wonder what power the meat plants have over the government they are getting away with blue murder the hole time and still only got a little tap on the wrist and told careful now

Cases have risen but deaths are low thank God. Is it a case younger people are getting it and fighting it off?? Imo we are just going to go around in swings and roundabouts until we either get a vaccine or we all get it. If the nursing home and meat plants had been sorted quicker and better we wouldn't have had half the casualties now. I wonder what power the meat plants have over the government they are getting away with blue murder the hole time and still only got a little tap on the wrist and told careful now
It doesn't affect young and healthy people just look at the figures.
If you have or are carrying another coronavirus the the test will show positive for covid 19.
Don't say meat plants in the same breadth as nursing homes, we would have no economy at all without them.

Thats a pretty bold statement Dr 6600

Not to any significant degree ,not a single person of school - college going age has died from covid ,not a single child under fifteen reported as having contacted it

Schools etc were all closed to protect those who are vulnerable, kids can't be denied an education indefinitely

It doesn't affect young and healthy people just look at the figures.
If you have or are carrying another coronavirus the the test will show positive for covid 19.
Don't say meat plants in the same breadth as nursing homes, we would have no economy at all without them.
Which the nursing homes or the meat plants?? Those meat plants are still not been held accountable for their actions I thought all this might made them pull their socks up but it will be the same old same old.

Back