Covid 19

Am I the only one that thinks this is getting out of hand? They have stopped the roll out of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine due to 6 people out of 7 million getting blood clots. That's not deaths. We have more people dieing of covid per day. It's crazy
Might have it wrong but as I understand it's women on the pill are the ones with the clotting issues, if it's the case then give them the Pfizer version or put them down the queue until more is known, everyone shouldn't have to be pushed back on a one in a million odds or higher, friends wife in her 40's who has health issues was due to be vaccinated today, this person and entire household have been looking forward to this vaccination literally since covid came to Ireland and getting cancelled today was a big disappointment for them.

Might have it wrong but as I understand it's women on the pill are the ones with the clotting issues, if it's the case then give them the Pfizer version or put them down the queue until more is known, everyone shouldn't have to be pushed back on a one in a million odds or higher, friends wife in her 40's who has health issues was due to be vaccinated today, this person and entire household have been looking forward to this vaccination literally since covid came to Ireland and getting cancelled today was a big disappointment for them.
Heard similar, but only online, if true, I agree 100%

Are take away pints bein served now again.seen 3 bucks standing beside 3 bar stools outside the door of a pub in the middle of the town there 20 mins ago . 2 of them would drink it out of a dribble bar
AFAIK know Yes, but must be consumed not less than 100 meters from point of purchase...

My cousin is definitely not on the pill, nor is he a woman, but has been hospitalised for 2 weeks following a massive reaction 2 days after his first dose. He'd be mid 50's.

Are take away pints bein served now again.seen 3 bucks standing beside 3 bar stools outside the door of a pub in the middle of the town there 20 mins ago . 2 of them would drink it out of a dribble bar
Takeaway pints have been available in our local at weekends all along. 3 for 12 euro

I dont understand takeaway pints.

Have people not heard of the off licence?

Stale beer in a plastic glass vs a cold bottle from the fridge in an actual glass.

The pub is either about the social experience or about having a proper pint on draught. Takeaway pints is neither to me.

I got 3 pints of Heineken on Sunday evening. First pints I had jn a long time. They were nice but I wouldn't be running back for more. Got 3 Guinness for my husband and he said they were good. The hardest bit is getting them home. A lot nicer than cans imo. Took me about 2 hours to drink the 3 and they were still grand. Often see lads getting 6 or 9 pints and they put them in the fridge when they get home

Nicer than cans maybe. But nicer than a freshly cracked open bottle? I just don't see it.

Have Guinness got the widgets back in the cans yet? I know they were a big loss a while back alright.

I dont understand takeaway pints.

Have people not heard of the off licence?

Stale beer in a plastic glass vs a cold bottle from the fridge in an actual glass.

The pub is either about the social experience or about having a proper pint on draught. Takeaway pints is neither to me.
Its only for something to be talking about i think. As you say if you were desperate for the beer this isn't the way you'd go about getting it

Its only for something to be talking about i think. As you say if you were desperate for the beer this isn't the way you'd go about getting it
it's not even about desperation, I mean I like beer, but 2 hour old pints with brown heads in a plastic cup hold zero appeal to me. Or if we were English and drank warm, stale, slops then maybe :lol:

I want to see a pint of guinness settling on the counter in front of me, and take that first little sip that I know I shouldn't take because it's not settled yet, then leave it for another minute and have a proper slug out of it. and then sit back and relax........

I can see the appeal of that, believe me. hell I'm getting a thirst just typing it

I assume the Irish thing of getting the thing you're not really able/supposed to get adds a certain flavour?

Nicer than cans maybe. But nicer than a freshly cracked open bottle? I just don't see it.

Have Guinness got the widgets back in the cans yet? I know they were a big loss a while back alright.

Widget is back , and can back up to filling the pint glass again , for maybe 2 months now ?

Nicer than Draught in some pubs , where , hygiene mightnt be 100 %.

OK, I'm getting some can's of Guiness next time I'm at the shops, havent had a pint of the black stuff in well over a year now.

it's not even about desperation, I mean I like beer, but 2 hour old pints with brown heads in a plastic cup hold zero appeal to me. Or if we were English and drank warm, stale, slops then maybe :lol:

I want to see a pint of guinness settling on the counter in front of me, and take that first little sip that I know I shouldn't take because it's not settled yet, then leave it for another minute and have a proper slug out of it. and then sit back and relax........

I can see the appeal of that, believe me. hell I'm getting a thirst just typing it

I assume the Irish thing of getting the thing you're not really able/supposed to get adds a certain flavour?
Head stayed fine on my pints. Wouldn't be a big pint drinker anyway but they were grand. Each to their own

Getting kegs seems to have got popular, a mate of mine had a fresh tank of beer gas in his van the other day, I didnt even know such a thing could be got in the local stargas agents.

Getting kegs seems to have got popular, a mate of mine had a fresh tank of beer gas in his van the other day, I didnt even know such a thing could be got in the local stargas agents.
Handy for those shebeens down your way...

Widget is back , and can back up to filling the pint glass again , for maybe 2 months now ?

Nicer than Draught in some pubs , where , hygiene mightnt be 100 %.
Your right there, herself bought cans there a while back without the widget, they were very cheap and she didn't cop the difference but god they were horrible.

Back