Ford/New Holland

Buy a T6080 or something a bit more modern for almost the same money and you'll have a bit more comfort @eddie86
Fair point. That’s what I did. Things that swung it for me were:

Air/trailer air brakes
Front suspension (some but not all TMs have it)
Sauerman hitch (again most TMs have just the swing back hitch)
540E in addition the the 540 amd 1000 the TM would have.
Boost HP.
no head to do in the engine at 10,000 hours
8-10 yrs “less old” in terms of hoses, pipes etc

Mind you they have gotten more expensive too!

And if a lad was to rule with the head over the heart what are the watch outs on 6070or 80?
Is there much difference in the high or low bonnets?

And if a lad was to rule with the head over the heart what are the watch outs on 6070or 80?
Brakes can be an issue, not difficult to do if caught in time. Ours just have electrocommand but id say most 6070 / 6080 will have range command which is a superior gearbox. Engines are generally solid.

i think the t6070 has the same brakes out of their electrocommand counterpart? whereas the t6080 has the heavier brakes? heard that one time. lighter front axle on the t6070 compared to the t6080. can see it in the size of the hubs. high bonnets have beefier radiators. are the 50k bearings and 4wd shaft an issue on them compared to the t7's?

i think the t6070 has the same brakes out of their electrocommand counterpart? whereas the t6080 has the heavier brakes? heard that one time. lighter front axle on the t6070 compared to the t6080. can see it in the size of the hubs. high bonnets have beefier radiators. are the 50k bearings and 4wd shaft an issue on them compared to the t7's?
correct on the brakes and front axles, 6070 high bonnet has a rad that doesn't use all the space so possibly the bigger rads were 6080/90 versions

Fair point. That’s what I did. Things that swung it for me were:

Air/trailer air brakes
Front suspension (some but not all TMs have it)
Sauerman hitch (again most TMs have just the swing back hitch)
540E in addition the the 540 amd 1000 the TM
would have.
Boost HP.
no head to do in the engine at 10,000 hours
8-10 yrs “less old” in terms of hoses, pipes etc

Mind you they have gotten more expensive too!

would this have been a common fit to the mxm pro, just asking as our 140 has it and it seemed to be a big deal with nh men as to the hitch an suspension, i think its 08, its from the last year of manufacture anyway

The 6080 has heavy brakes and front axle anyway.
I didn't realize that about the 6070. I was told there is a heavy and light version of the 6050 and 6070. Don't know if that's right or I could have picked it up wrong.

The 6080 has heavy brakes and front axle anyway.
I didn't realize that about the 6070. I was told there is a heavy and light version of the 6050 and 6070. Don't know if that's right or I could have picked it up wrong.
You can get a t6070 and below with electrocommand. They'd be lighter again. The electrocommand versions replaced the TSA. They don't have the joystick on the armrest for changing gears and have the square rear wheel rims the smaller tm's like a tm120 or 130 would have

seeming as its winter time, tm hardly gets used so near enough time for some maintenance. 1st order of business is the spools. have one spool that refuses to go into float and the others are sticky. could changing the cables fix these issues or would we have to root around and make sure the detents are alright?

What are the opinions on T7's?
Let's say a T7.185 Vs aT6080 Vs a TM155 with similar spec, manual spools, range command.

What are the opinions on T7's?
Let's say a T7.185 Vs aT6080 Vs a TM155 with similar spec, manual spools, range command.
things to look out for with t7 would be the 50k bearing and something to do with the 4wd shaft. 50k bearing be in the 40k eco and 50k boxes. a 185 would have replaced the likes of a t6070 or tm140 but is a much weightier tractor compared to the tm155. smaller front axle hubs compared to its bigger counterparts. definitely wouldnt be afraid of one. ad blue be another thing with them

things to look out for with t7 would be the 50k bearing and something to do with the 4wd shaft. 50k bearing be in the 40k eco and 50k boxes. a 185 would have replaced the likes of a t6070 or tm140 but is a much weightier tractor compared to the tm155. smaller front axle hubs compared to its bigger counterparts. definitely wouldnt be afraid of one. ad blue be another thing with them
A T7.200 is the new T6080 then really. Look to be comparable in weights compared to the lighter TMs.
Adblue seems to be deleted on plenty of them at this stage.

Reactions: c4l
A T7.200 is the new T6080 then really. Look to be comparable in weights compared to the lighter TMs.
Adblue seems to be deleted on plenty of them at this stage.
aye, be surprised by their weights. looking at konedata a t6080 be around 6.3t. tm165 which is a bit heavier than a 155 is about 5.9t

@eddie86 just seen this and thought of this thread. Would the dual command make it worth a bit less.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028_191040_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028_191040_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 78
@eddie86 just seen this and thought of this thread. Would the dual command make it worth a bit less.
A friend of mine has the brown version of this , he brought it in from Holland 2 years ago.
It's a nice tractor, cheaper than the blue ones but a kind of odd spec, dual command, electronic lift, but no air con.

A friend of mine has the brown version of this , he brought it in from Holland 2 years ago.
It's a nice tractor, cheaper than the blue ones but a kind of odd spec, dual command, electronic lift, but no air con.
dual commands were a step above the classics with manual lift. from what i have read up on the dual commands, they can even be spec'd with front sus whereas the classics didnt

dual commands were a step above the classics with manual lift. from what i have read up on the dual commands, they can even be spec'd with front sus whereas the classics didnt
Nothing wrong with them, I quiet like driving our dp 7840 even over the sle.
Just looking for a higher spec now, and that money is into T6080 territory albeit with higher hours.

Nothing wrong with them, I quiet like driving our dp 7840 even over the sle.
Just looking for a higher spec now, and that money is into T6080 territory albeit with higher hours.
wouldnt mind a dual power. just classics, no thanks. need a 3 powerlifters legs to push in the clutch on a classic

Back