Grain prices

word is hes picking stones to ensure every single grain grows to maximum potential
I had a different take on it, shaving it to the ground to maximize straw yield with the scarcity expected due to the chopping scheme while at the same time chopping to maximize on that front as well, it can't be easy juggling all the permutations while trying to keep a yacht maintained and berthed.

I had a different take on it, shaving it to the ground to maximize straw yield with the scarcity expected due to the chopping scheme while at the same time chopping to maximize on that front as well, it can't be easy juggling all the permutations while trying to keep a yacht maintained and berthed.
If anyone can manage it @Bogman can

I am beginning to feel like P Flynn when he had all the houses and we know how that ended.

Glanbia green grain prices for Sept 2021 at 29.04.21. Green Wheat @ €184/t; Green Barley @ €171/t. Contact a business manager before 5pm today to forward sell. Above prices do not include any potential payments from Glanbia Co-op to co-op members. Click on link below to see this week's Grain Markets Update.

Glanbia green grain prices for Sept 2021 at 27.04.21. Green Wheat @ €195/t; Green Barley @ €176/t. Contact a business manager before 5pm today to forward sell. Above prices do not include any potential payments from Glanbia Co-op to co-op members.
Let some wheat away at that price , very hard to pass it , put some bonuses on top and I think it’s a great price

I spoke to a research agronomist from the French Dept of Ag yesterday and he was saying that the weather to date has knocked 20% off wheat yields. If rain doesn’t come soon the figure will rise sharply. This may be feeding into Paris wheat prices. The 40 million tons of wheat projected for harvest is diminishing fast. If this continues then prices should continue to harden.

Glanbia green grain prices for Sept 2021 at 29.04.21. Green Wheat @ €184/t; Green Barley @ €171/t. Contact a business manager before 5pm today to forward sell. Above prices do not include any potential payments from Glanbia Co-op to co-op members. Click on link below to see this week's Grain Markets Update.
I was chatting to a man in the grain business yesterday and his take on things was that prices would be a nice bit above those at harvest time. It's a gamble, the prices could drop like a stone in water as quick.

US wheat went over $8.00 / bushel
Maize well over $7
Soy heading for $16.
Hold on to your hats.
Reports of the demise of the Irish tillage farmers were only rumours.
:balloon:
How much is this up compared to this time 12 months?

How much is this up compared to this time 12 months?
US.
Maize doubled.
Soya up near 75%.
Wheat up near 50%.
But it has to be remembered that 12 months Trump was in the middle of a trade war with China, just had finished a trade war with Canada and Mexico also starting a trade war with the EU.

French wheat up about €50.
French Maize up about €65.
All these figures are very rough and may be out by a bit, but gives a rough idea.

Back