I'm Looking For...

Idle idea for a job here, we have a pto wood chipper here, it doesn't take much power to chip the stuff I'm putting into it, but it needs lots of revs. The 65 year old fergie is suffering running so hard, its definitely not as good to start as it was and I'm afraid I'm killing it.

If I geared up the pto a small bit it would make a big difference I think but I dont want to re engineer the whole machine either.

Which has me looking for a pulley with a pto splined centre. Looking online I can only see them in India, but I'm guessing they must surely have been used in some sort of machines over the years too?

Something like this was be ideal

pto-shaft-v-groove-pulley-500x500.png

@Bluffegan I know ya said ya were looking for a 2wd 4345 but that one would be worth a look. Hours are genuine I'd say. Plastic still on the seat and all. Could be mad money though.
It's less that 60 hours a year .was the rims painted or new tyres put on.ya can see it on the front right wheel close up in the picture

@Bluffegan I know ya said ya were looking for a 2wd 4345 but that one would be worth a look. Hours are genuine I'd say. Plastic still on the seat and all. Could be mad money though.
Know a friend traded a similar spec 5455 last autumn.was allowed 30k again it.persuming there probaly would have been 6 to 7k hours on it

It's less that 60 hours a year .was the rims painted or new tyres put on.ya can see it on the front right wheel close up in the picture
Both front rims look like that around the tyres but to me they don't look painted, seems to be marks on them. Original tyres as well. I'd say it's a genuine tractor but one would have to see it.

Idle idea for a job here, we have a pto wood chipper here, it doesn't take much power to chip the stuff I'm putting into it, but it needs lots of revs. The 65 year old fergie is suffering running so hard, its definitely not as good to start as it was and I'm afraid I'm killing it.

If I geared up the pto a small bit it would make a big difference I think but I dont want to re engineer the whole machine either.

Which has me looking for a pulley with a pto splined centre. Looking online I can only see them in India, but I'm guessing they must surely have been used in some sort of machines over the years too?

You could try Bernard byrne , he splits combines, mowers baler etc so should have something to suit off some machine in his yard.

087 2250538 is his number

A mid-mounted mower for said Ferguson would have had a PTO mounted pulley like that, but God only know where you'd find one now

There is a pulley with a setup like that on the old Taarup DM single chop harvester we had years ago, used be loads of them parked up around here one time.
I d imagine machines from JF etc would be a similar arrangement.
Like this,
Or maybe the belt drive assembly from on old PZ mower , a similar pulley setup to increase speed. Plenty of mowers around with worn out drums but the drive would probably be fine

TAARUP DM 1350 Forager AH (6).jpg

Last edited:
Evening gentlemen Anyone know if one of these badges can be bought or got from somewhere as the tractor is missing one and was hoping to put her back near as original as she was bought. Can't seem to locate one online at the minute.20210709_202227.jpg

Not sure if this is the correct place so move if it should be somewhere different .

Not a specific machine as such but has anyone here dealt with Regans in Frenchpark ?
Neighbour seen a tractor on Donedeal recently and its kinda what he is looking for ( something to drive a second baler at straw )
Thinking about running up that way tomorrow or Friday to have a look as forecast ain't for cutting weather for next couple of days.Its 100 miles or so from here so bit of a trek .
You can pm me if you prefer .

Know lads that have bought jeeps of them.relation bought a tractor..most seem happy enough with them.tad more expensive than other dealers for what your getting.we'd be about 35 mins from them but not that much comes this direction

Looking a Kuhn vari-master 123. 4 or 5 furrow.
Ideally would like something with 2 or 3 seasons over it if at all possible👍

Back