I'm Looking For...

looking for an accumulator kit (Softride system) for quicke q66 loader.
Unusual that a Q series loader wouldn't have that fitted, it was standard when I bought a Q45 in 2007, your's must've been a special order to have it omitted?
Or is it just that yours has failed and its just a new accumulator bottle you want and not the whole kit, if fitted it will be electrically operated, are you sure you have power to the solenoid?

Thanks for the offer @Bencroy , hold off for the moment & I'll get back to you
If your not in a hurry and put out feelers I’d say you’d buy cheaper than those we sold a 2 row in decent condition about €600 2 years ago went for harvesting bluebells! I know of one lying in a shed locally taking up space but the old man is holding on purely sentimental reasons has to be a ton of these lying around.

Is it possible to get brass split pins for ballcock fittings ? I have a couple of covered drinkers in the slatted sheds I`ve replaced them with ordinary steel split pins but are still weeping .

Is it possible to get brass split pins for ballcock fittings ? I have a couple of covered drinkers in the slatted sheds I`ve replaced them with ordinary steel split pins but are still weeping .
I’m sure your local coop or most hardware places should have them

Normally just rob them from other ones that have broken arms or something. But if it’s still weeping the rubber probably has a cut in it from water passing through it when it wasn’t fully shut off.

If they are awkward to change I normally just spilt them where the hose tail bolts on leaving all the pipe work still attached to the end

Local hardware who is an agent for Philmac got me a pack of ten strong brass split pins for ballcocks, far better than the flimsy pins that come in most today.

Did u ever try brass R clips/pins I always use them easier to put them in and I think they are very secure

It's more likely the rubber stop on the little piston or else the jet has a groove or split in it.

It's more likely the rubber stop on the little piston or else the jet has a groove or split in it.
The brass pins are thicker than the nearest size steel pin, when I temporarily replaced a broken brass pin with a steel one it was quite loose and might not seal properly though theoretically it should once the pressure is on the seal.

The brass pins are thicker than the nearest size steel pin, when I temporarily replaced a broken brass pin with a steel one it was quite loose and might not seal properly though theoretically it should once the pressure is on the seal.
That`s what I think ,one pin would fit through the leaver arm but not through the main fitting and the next size down is very loose .The rubber looked alright but it is not unknown for rubbers to leak 🤣.

Check the Nozzle, if it's worn it'll weep even with a new rubber seal. Had a similar problem here a few years ago , drinkers in a shed were weeping , a new rubber would cure it for a while but turned out the nozzles were worn from grit in the water. Put a string filter in the water supply and replaced the rubber +nozzle ,
been perfect since .

That`s what I think ,one pin would fit through the leaver arm but not through the main fitting and the next size down is very loose .The rubber looked alright but it is not unknown for rubbers to leak 🤣.
It's a real pain, the brass split pins in the newer ball cocks are smaller diameter than the older ones. (Modern technology, cutbacks)
Local hardware here stocks all the bit.
If you're stuck, stainless steel is your friend, M4 bolt and locknut or make a pin from stainless steel wall wall tie, usually found under builders feet.🤔

It's a real pain, the brass split pins in the newer ball cocks are smaller diameter than the older ones. (Modern technology, cutbacks)
Local hardware here stocks all the bit.
If you're stuck, stainless steel is your friend, M4 bolt and locknut or make a pin from stainless steel wall wall tie, usually found under builders feet.🤔
4x40 fencing staples must be short with you:innocent:

Hope I’m putting this in the right place. Anyone know where I can get a side mount oil tank for a hedge cutter ideally McConnell hy reach but I‘m not fussy.

Anyone got a workshop manual for a 5400 series Massey . Have a leaking front hub seal that needs attention. / A diagram for the front hub Tia

Back