Massey Ferguson 165

Keep her original and restore the Duncan cab. There are a number of options for more modern cabs, but they would not be my personal preference. I saw a photo of your tractor on an earlier post. Is it a Limerick registered, NIV machine?
That duncan is actually off a john deere. The mudguards dont have the 165 tool box, igs green in parts, and has the john deere and duncan badge, but it was put on when the tractor was still relatively new or so im told. it is Limerick reg indeed yep

I agree an original cab would be my choice.
Personally an MF Flexi cab but the Duncan was an original fit so might be best to restore what you have.
Best of luck with it
It's actually a john deere duncan cab. It would be a nice enough looking cab restored, just getting in and out them little doors are annoying and I've heard many a time that the elbow knocks are fierce annoying. That's not to say that the cab won't be put back on in the future because its still quite possible

That duncan is actually off a john deere. The mudguards dont have the 165 tool box, igs green in parts, and has the john deere and duncan badge, but it was put on when the tractor was still relatively new or so im told. it is Limerick reg indeed yep
Do you have any idea of the history of that particular MF 165? NIV would be a Limerick registration number from the early to mid 1980's. There is an MF 188 in the locality that I am nearly certain has an NIV registration number on it too. It too is a multipower machine and I think that its current owner bought it as an ex-UK machine in the early 1980's. I can remember him turning the rear wheels around, to face the opposite direction for the summer, as he used to push up silage with it using a blue Twose push off rake. He worked with a neighbouring farmer who had a late model MF 165, bought new from ET Dicks (MF dealers in Charleville) back in the day. It had a Duncan cab, which was taken off every summer, to roll the covered silage pits, as the pit got closer to the roof. I also have a late model, October 1981 MF 565, which was an ex-UK machine and it also has a multipower transmission.

Do you have any idea of the history of that particular MF 165? NIV would be a Limerick registration number from the early to mid 1980's. There is an MF 188 in the locality that I am nearly certain has an NIV registration number on it too. It too is a multipower machine and I think that its current owner bought it as an ex-UK machine in the early 1980's. I can remember him turning the rear wheels around, to face the opposite direction for the summer, as he used to push up silage with it using a blue Twose push off rake. He worked with a neighbouring farmer who had a late model MF 165, bought new from ET Dicks (MF dealers in Charleville) back in the day. It had a Duncan cab, which was taken off every summer, to roll the covered silage pits, as the pit got closer to the roof. I also have a late model, October 1981 MF 565, which was an ex-UK machine and it also has a multipower transmission.
I believe this is also an ex UK tractor. Sold to my uncle/grandfather in the early 80s by a tractor dealer in Patrickswell by the name of costello. He's finished up with tractors a nice while. Tractor has never left since just to get her back to its former glory now

I believe this is also an ex UK tractor. Sold to my uncle/grandfather in the early 80s by a tractor dealer in Patrickswell by the name of costello. He's finished up with tractors a nice while. Tractor has never left since just to get her back to its former glory now
Eddie Costello, had a combine as well if the grey cells are correct, always was spoken well of too......................

Anyone got anything zinc plated recently? What's the cost of it, few wheel nuts I want to do, I hear there's a crowd in shannon co clare doing it which wouldn't be far from limerick at all

Its all Mechanically done. A year lateršŸ˜… full steam ahead at the time being. New alliance tyres on the way and the next few weeks is all paintwork and reassembly

Its like saying how long is a piece of string but what's a 165, 203 engine, round axel standard box worth, rough enough condition but starting and driving. The outer pillers of a flexi cab and roof are the only remains of a cab on it. Needs lot of mainly cosmestic work and servicing work but just looking lining up another project when my current 165 is wrapped up in the next few weeks

Back