Massey Ferguson 165

Nowt wrong with dry brakes the biggest problem is folk adjust them far too tight ,clean the expanders then keep the maximum travel of the peddles ,just working before they hit the deck that way balls roll far enough inside the expanders too keep them clean rather than them only turning a quarter turn and getting rusted up either side thus causing the all or nothing brake occurrence.

We shall see. I have the square axels here in the shed laying around. I'm not set on changing them at all yet. More than likely it'll be kept as a round axel. Hypothetically, is it much of a job to change the axels? Something I'm curios about regardless

We shall see. I have the square axels here in the shed laying around. I'm not set on changing them at all yet. More than likely it'll be kept as a round axel. Hypothetically, is it much of a job to change the axels? Something I'm curios about regardless
No, just unbolt the old ones and in with the new ones. Only thing to be weary of is that the new half shafts match up with the old ones.

No, just unbolt the old ones and in with the new ones. Only thing to be weary of is that the new half shafts match up with the old ones.
Not so bad. I'm sure there's a customer out there for a round axel multipower 212 once its done. No need to be using my square axels I'll use them on another one in time

Enjoyable work, saving another one from export....
She's got the bits you could spend lots of money and time searching for, it's original lights, rear wheels and 1 of it's front wheels. I'd be willing to beg it still has alot of its original gauges too. Its a very good candidate for restoration especially with the multipower, I'd much rather buy a machine like that that hasn't really been messed with than one that's been tarted up every 10 or 15 years throughout its life.

I want to use a cavity wax to preserve a cab, pump it into any holes I see in the framework, do all cavity wax do the same job or what's the story. First one I see is one on micksgarage, a novol one, or wurth, which I might get because they have a store here in limerick and I've never yet comes across a bad product from wurth. That probably answers my question but just asking out of curiosity

Back