Massey Ferguson

I wasn’t overly sure of the new look on the bigger ones but I think those smaller ones actually look alright, grey cab and stripe brings me back to the older ones, 2680 sorta era that I’d have had as Britain’s models as a kid

IMG_20201217_082427.jpg

IMG_20201217_082514.jpg

IMG_20201217_081806.jpg

It seems very similar to the current 57 S series but with a different paint job and different lights. It does look well but I hope their not charging a lot more for rectangular lights instead of oval lights and silver paint instead of black.

IMG_20201217_082427.jpg

IMG_20201217_082514.jpg

IMG_20201217_081806.jpg

It seems very similar to the current 57 S series but with a different paint job and different lights. It does look well but I hope their not charging a lot more for rectangular lights instead of oval lights and silver paint instead of black.
Still got the key in a foolish place.👎

I had 2 lads out to me there last week they be very big contractors, they wanted to see the 7720. There running mainly class tractors but have 2 masseys in the fleet currently, along with some cvx. Currently they have 4 claas tractors that are f#cked engine trouble, one is 2018, the 2 masseys they have they reckon are the most reliable in the fleet and they would be a few years old doing what I would consider big enough hours in the year.

Very nice, well wear. How do ye find them comfort wise compared to the deutz? I know a jd man was driving one recently and he wasn't very impressed with them but he might be a bit biased against them 😗
I know the man you are talking about and he would prefer to drive a deutz over a Massey , at least it would be green !!!

I know the man you are talking about and he would prefer to drive a deutz over a Massey , at least it would be green !!!
In fairness it is very hard to match JD on operator comfort and ergonomics. It is a pity they no longer make a compact mid weight 200hp tractor like the 7530 and the 7810 before it. The man that sows most of my corn bought a 7530 around the same time as I bought a 6490, the 7530 is a bit more comfortable and better laid out also it is a bit shorter and slightly more manoeuvrable.
It has given more than it's fair share of engine trouble and the spools are always acting up, but it is very hard to replace with any make.

Very nice, well wear. How do ye find them comfort wise compared to the deutz? I know a jd man was driving one recently and he wasn't very impressed with them but he might be a bit biased against them 😗
I have only drove the 7718 and I find it comfortable enough now to be fair. A nice tractor to drive. Never actually drove the 6616 with the loader. Both tractors and more or less the same inside. Both are dyna 6 tractors.

I had 2 lads out to me there last week they be very big contractors, they wanted to see the 7720. There running mainly class tractors but have 2 masseys in the fleet currently, along with some cvx. Currently they have 4 claas tractors that are f#cked engine trouble, one is 2018, the 2 masseys they have they reckon are the most reliable in the fleet and they would be a few years old doing what I would consider big enough hours in the year.
Big contractor down our way changed away from near all Claas back to Massey again. Had an axion which was supposed to have given a share of trouble.

In fairness it is very hard to match JD on operator comfort and ergonomics. It is a pity they no longer make a compact mid weight 200hp tractor like the 7530 and the 7810 before it. The man that sows most of my corn bought a 7530 around the same time as I bought a 6490, the 7530 is a bit more comfortable and better laid out also it is a bit shorter and slightly more manoeuvrable.
It has given more than it's fair share of engine trouble and the spools are always acting up, but it is very hard to replace with any make.
6195m/r?

It is as close as JD offer now, but significantly bigger in everyway, longer, taller and heavier.
A fine tractor I am sure, but just not a direct replacement for a 7530 or 7810.
Round here everyone buys a 6155r and remaps them up to the max.

Back