Nozzles and water and speed

Yes my spacings are 33cms and I have one watercourse (which is dry during spraying season) that I need to keep in mind. As Titan8820 says the flat fan might qualify me for STRIPE at low cost.

The link I put above will have a list of the eligible nozzles for stripe

note doesn't matter if its dry or not just whether its marked on the OS map. Somebody on here posted about closed in water courses that were marked and open ones that were not! The rules says marked on OS map!

Happy to eventually get these back on the sprayer today (they were difficult to get). Wasn’t very impressed with the Hypro guardian air jets, perhaps a finer version would have worked better but I didn’t like the droplet size and coverage. Crank her back up to 5 bar and away we go. F7C117F2-12B8-4A4D-ACB4-F88F6D6833F8.jpeg 430F1ECE-CD18-47F4-8CC9-352C2765C515.jpeg

Happy to eventually get these back on the sprayer today (they were difficult to get). Wasn’t very impressed with the Hypro guardian air jets, perhaps a finer version would have worked better but I didn’t like the droplet size and coverage. Crank her back up to 5 bar and away we go. View attachment 65689 View attachment 65690

Could you tell us a bit about them J please? I assume they’re an air induction low drift nozzle?

Could you tell us a bit about them J please? I assume they’re an air induction low drift nozzle?
Well I'm far from the worlds greatest expert on nozzle technology but we had these on our previous sprayer and got on well with them. Yes, air induction low drift. Operating pressure of 5 bar gives a small droplet size which provides great coverage and good penetration into the canopy which I like, particularly for later season fungicide applications. Some think it's a mad pressure to be working at but if you're careful with boom height there's no problem. They're not cheap at €9.50 + vat each but the inserts are ceramic so they have a long life. More detail below.

http://www.nozal.fr/info-concessionnaire-267/arx-nozzle-buffer-zone-approved.html

Happy to eventually get these back on the sprayer today (they were difficult to get). Wasn’t very impressed with the Hypro guardian air jets, perhaps a finer version would have worked better but I didn’t like the droplet size and coverage. Crank her back up to 5 bar and away we go. View attachment 65689 View attachment 65690

A brilliant nozzle those. Used them here for several years now.
As you say crank em up to 5 bar and you will get great coverage and no drift. I have gone higher still without an issue.
At a tenner each they' re not really that dear and will go on to cover many thousands of acres.
I was even advised to keep them for the next sprayer. I replied that l had no intention of changing sprayers anytime soon. Doesnt matter they said whenever you do those nozzles will still be good. Salesman patter maybe , but l couldnt fault them.
I brought a random 2 off the sprayer to the show in Punchestown earlier this year and had them on the tester on the Fossland stand. I was told they were perfect . Didnt tell him they had almost 10 000 acres done or they might start making them softer or dearer.

As you say crank em up to 5 bar and you will get great coverage and no drift. I have gone higher still without an issue.
At a tenner each they' re not really that dear and will go on to cover many thousands of acres.
I was even advised to keep them for the next sprayer. I replied that l had no intention of changing sprayers anytime soon. Doesnt matter they said whenever you do those nozzles will still be good. Salesman patter maybe , but l couldnt fault them.
I brought a random 2 off the sprayer to the show in Punchestown earlier this year and had them on the tester on the Fossland stand. I was told they were perfect . Didnt tell him they had almost 10 000 acres done or they might start making them softer or dearer.
Ceramic all the way .

Very impressive. I can’t understand how they can be low drift while having a small droplet?
I’ve watched the Guardian Air nozzles in terms of their coverage on leaves, it doesn’t look great to me but they still seem to do the job.

Very impressive. I can’t understand how they can be low drift while having a small droplet?
I’ve watched the Guardian Air nozzles in terms of their coverage on leaves, it doesn’t look great to me but they still seem to do the job.
Did you put guardian airs on the new sprayer?

I dont get the "science bit:" either but l do know they work and work well.

I have a set of them nozzles and Guardian Air nozzles as well. I would say that the droplet size is the same in both of them. I would prefer the Guardian nozzles because they work at normal pressure 2/3 bar. With the other ones you have to be up at 5 bar on more ,if not they won’t spread the spray out the 110 degrees.

I have a set of them nozzles and Guardian Air nozzles as well. I would say that the droplet size is the same in both of them. I would prefer the Guardian nozzles because they work at normal pressure 2/3 bar. With the other ones you have to be up at 5 bar on more ,if not they won’t spread the spray out the 110 degrees.
Agreed, use to use them all the time with standard Berthouds, but as you say once I moved to auto controllers their spray pattern collapses at lower pressures.

Lights behind sprayer facing out along the booms or individual nozzle lights? Lights of some sort will definitely be in spec
for next sprayer here

Just a pair, behind the sprayer. Each one covering one half of the boom. I had just tried them in the yard but the effect is much better when moving in the field. Seriously powerful LED’s.

Saw a lad mowing with the beacons on last night, pitch black outside, can only assume he had the radio up to the last and the lights made him feel like he was in a night club.

That's to tell the parish that he's mowing silage. It's the old school Twitter....

Saw a lad mowing with the beacons on last night, pitch black outside, can only assume he had the radio up to the last and the lights made him feel like he was in a night club.
Theres a lad I can see from here does his winter feeding yard work with the twin beacons on after dark, that would fry my head bouncing of walls and buildings.

Back