Pics by dstig

How come there are so many donkeys in Ireland?
Hardly ever see any over here.
Well this lad bought them to claim his single farm payments so he doesn't need to keep cattle. Also it's tradition I guess every farm years ago always had a donkey for bringing home the turf from the bog. In the picture above that's bog just beyond the green field

Reactions: AYF
Well this lad bought them to claim his single farm payments so he doesn't need to keep cattle. Also it's tradition I guess every farm years ago always had a donkey for bringing home the turf from the bog. In the picture above that's bog just beyond the green field
What horsepower is a donkey?

Spreading on ground I got this year , serious fall in some parts of it.!! The donkeys weren't too happy to see me as they had the whole place to themselves and now it's just a field or two View attachment 53942 View attachment 53943

I see the same going on around here. Lads running a few donkeys to make up the minimum stocking rate, to quality for the grants.
One local "Genius" with a good farm had to keep about 20.
He discovered that there great breeders and that the live till their about 40-50 years old .
Easy stock to get into. :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
Best of luck with the new land .

How come he hasn’t had that rented , making money up to now ?

It looks to have been cared for , eg , padlocked and probably reseeded in the past .
Well he was doing lots of things with it buying cull cows, steers trying to fatten them and buying FR heifers and putting them in calf and trying to sell them and couldn't sell them this year and had to calf them down and then sell them and now has their calves to rear, he just got sick of it "I've tried it all there's just no money in it" as we shook hands on the deal

Yeah that size of tractor seems to be very sought after at the minute. Probably a sign of the times as it's an ideal dairy size tractor. Maybe at the expense of larger tillage draft machines

The best of luck with it dstig. Had a notion for one of the previous range myself the last time.
What about the last of the real Ford's? I could give it a good home... wouldn't cost you anything.

You must have got a couple of well filled envelopes for the 40th :rolleyes2:

Back