Ploughing

Are you still on the durramaxx metal.we had to get rid of our juwel 8 couldn't keep slats on it breaking the glue on the clips all the time.wouldbt be majorly stoney ground.also the sheer pin with the rectangular head seems a tad ott at 60 or 70 euro a pop when they break like carrots in heavy land.
Sorry for the slow reply, I was knackered last night.
Yeah still on the Duramax slates, I have had very few issues with the glue, except early on.
I had a lot of trouble with offset rectangular bolts holding on the frog, Ken Goggins got me a set of supports that bolt on to the frog and that has stopped that issue completely.

Do you plough all your ground ,

Or do you listen occasionally to the gospel according to @bogman ?

His soil structure in some pictures is very good.
Your own soil looks 👌
I don't plough all my ground, but almost all, I have dabbled in non inversion tillage a few times.
I would love to make it work, but am not capable of doing so, yet. I nearly joined BASE Ireland, but stupidly let a foolish argument from here spill over into there and blotted my copy book. I follow developments on the farms of @Bog Man and @Ugo Schtiglitz and follow the posts on here from @Hardysplicer and @towbar , I would like to try again more committedly, but for now the plough is still king here.

I don't plough all my ground, but almost all, I have dabbled in non inversion tillage a few times.
I would love to make it work, but am not capable of doing so, yet. I nearly joined BASE Ireland, but stupidly let a foolish argument from here spill over into there and blotted my copy book. I follow developments on the farms of @Bog Man and @Ugo Schtiglitz and follow the posts on here from @Hardysplicer and @towbar , I would like to try again more committedly, but for now the plough is still king here.
There's always a seat for a man of your caliber @gone, should you ever want it.

The other side of the Lemken plough, I bought 14 shares and points, all hardfaced, they cost €2,500.00.
Holy Sh1t, thats €178 per body. I see you have skimmer tips too but still big money. What is the extra over cost for the hard faced ones over regular?

Holy Sh1t, thats €178 per body. I see you have skimmer tips too but still big money. What is the extra over cost for the hard faced ones over regular?
The skimmer tips are spurious, so I deducted them from the bill, they were €9+V each.
Not sure how much extra the hardfaced parts are over and above ordinary, at a guess 40%.

The skimmer tips are spurious, so I deducted them from the bill, they were €9+V each.
Not sure how much extra the hardfaced parts are over and above ordinary, at a guess 40%.
Any idea how many acres you expect to turn over with those shares and points?

I presume you get more than 40% more wear out of them then so. Plus there’s the time spared in changing them more often.

Local tillage lad here traded in a 6 furrow trailed kv . And now has 2 , 5 furrow lemken one slatted one solid . Says parts are dear but hoping they’ll last better than the kv .
The slates wear very well, so still mainly on the originals, but they are dear.

Have you used them before? Are they worth the extra cost?
Yes I use them whenever I can get them and for any parts I can get them in.
Yes they are worth the extra cost, but if only counting the cost of the parts divided by acres covered it will be only marginally better for the hard faced parts, but if you count in the reduced down time changing parts and the increased time that the part is preforming like new, it is a no brainer in my mind.

Back