The older masseys

All turbos on those were an aftermarket install. Lovely looking tractor especially with the Dromone hitch too.

Would the driveline still be okay for up to 130hp?
Having had a non turbo 399 I can remember the back end used get scalding hot when it was flat out on the agitator all day. Add in another 25hp and I would say you'd probably leave skin if you touched the rear end. The oil cooler wasn't exactly there strongest point but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a bigger cooler. I wouldn't be afraid of the drive line taking the power but I wouldn't be letting a rally driver off on it either.

If the hours are genuine on this it's good value compared to what some of them seem to make...

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-350/20596489

NDAyZWUwYTMyZGNkNjM3ZWM3NjhmYTg5Mjk5OTM5M2Z7XImMjuLErWUIMP6I25draHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTQ3ODY3NDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy but I don't believe the hours for one minute, on it's second set of rears and a replacement seat..:no:
They may still be original rears? They only look about 70%. Those digital clocks would be fast at clocking up hours and it could have been idling a lot and just clocking up hours? Can't explain the seat though.

Question for ye lads . Massey 375 1997 model with speed shift gearbox . Would it be possible to stick a turbo on it / increase the hp of it .

Would a 390t manage a loader? Have a 4260 here at home, it's a speed shift so not suited to a loader, we done it up a few years back so I dont want parting with it ( my brother had a thread up here on the restoration of it) would only be feeding a max of 200 bales in the year as all sheep here, was also thinking about a 4255/4355 but after seeing so many gone rotten in the roof and panels I think it would be hard to get a good one:scratchhead: budget is 30k roughly, any advice would be appreciated!

With 30k I’d go for a Massey 6200 series and fit your own loader. Will have shuttle and youll know it hasn’t being abused on a loader:Thumbp2:

Would a 390t manage a loader? Have a 4260 here at home, it's a speed shift so not suited to a loader, we done it up a few years back so I dont want parting with it ( my brother had a thread up here on the restoration of it) would only be feeding a max of 200 bales in the year as all sheep here, was also thinking about a 4255/4355 but after seeing so many gone rotten in the roof and panels I think it would be hard to get a good one:scratchhead: budget is 30k roughly, any advice would be appreciated!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-6455-dynashift/20889854

Back