Winter Barley 2021

I contact him everytime I need chemicals, like for the Weedy winter barley I rang him and he sent out a chemical and Iv been onto him about getting a spray for the weeds in the oats too. I have a bad attitude where I hate ringing for small bits of advise like Is it warm enough for CCC yet, I don’t know why I think it’s because I know his phone is probably hoping and I know there’s nothing worse than the phone hoping for silly questions from my own job in summer, (I know I need to change this attitude) I still have had no-one look at crops this year but has anyone had anything looked at yet or should they be ?

I contact him everytime I need chemicals, like for the Weedy winter barley I rang him and he sent out a chemical and Iv been onto him about getting a spray for the weeds in the oats too. I have a bad attitude where I hate ringing for small bits of advise like Is it warm enough for CCC yet, I don’t know why I think it’s because I know his phone is probably hoping and I know there’s nothing worse than the phone hoping for silly questions from my own job in summer, (I know I need to change this attitude) I still have had no-one look at crops this year but has anyone had anything looked at yet or should they be ?
My agronomist has looked at my WB twice since it emerged and always keeps me updated on it or if there is an issue. Thats the difference in a good business man and a mediocre one.

All winter crops here looked at in the last month

All winter crops here looked at in the last month
All crops looked at both 3 weeks ago most crops are walked at least 3 times in the season we are lucky to have a very good guy to advise us here he will always text or call if he see a problem somewhere else and thinks we should check on a crop to see if he cant make it out to us for a while .Our last merchant was small on advice and large on imputs hence we changed

Manganese deficiency starting to show in winter barley, will try and get into it tomorrow probably give it some CCC as well. I walked most of the barley today in general it is looking good. Tower did a great job on the weeds including grass weeds.

Attachments

• 0F264611-F06D-4057-91A1-E87A09D42BBA.jpeg
    0F264611-F06D-4057-91A1-E87A09D42BBA.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 59
My agronomist has looked at my barley 3 times since it was sown. Calling again tomorrow. Never be afraid to pick up the phone to them. The cost for their service is already included in the price of the chemicals you are buying from them

Cassia taken yesterday. It's a few days away from gs31 and it's first pgr.
.2 Sonis and 1l cycocel. I'll add in 1l multiple trace elements and 3kg epsotop for good measure. No fungicide in that round. That'll go on a few days later.
View attachment 89625View attachment 89626
That’s very nice. Why no fungicide now? Save you having to go back again? Cassia has plenty rhynco in these parts anyway.

That’s very nice. Why no fungicide now? Save you having to go back again? Cassia has plenty rhynco in these parts anyway.
Thanks, wb is looking very well this spring.
I'm probably just been over cautious but I think a fungicide or 2 mixed in with the above mix is a bit much all going on together. Thankfully wb is spotless with me and all of it is Cassia.

Thanks, wb is looking very well this spring.
I'm probably just been over cautious but I think a fungicide or 2 mixed in with the above mix is a bit much all going on together. Thankfully wb is spotless with me and all of it is Cassia.
It's a good job you don't grow beet 😬

Crazy tank mixes
in what way? often had allot in the tank, but many of them would do as much damage as holy water

remember filling 15ac mix for beet and sent a lad to spray the first 8ac field, he arrived back with an empty tank and said he taught there was only one field to spray. beet didnt notice

in what way? often had allot in the tank, but many of them would do as much damage as holy water

remember filling 15ac mix for beet and sent a lad to spray the first 8ac field, he arrived back with an empty tank and said he taught there was only one field to spray. beet didnt notice
You know what I mean. You won’t kill beet with beet spray but you will give it a good rattle. Often had to put in 6 or 7 things into firebrigade tank mixes where a huge variety of weeds were present

Back