Factory Prices General thread

I got 1650 for a 630kg simmental earlier this year and a bit less for bb and CH bullocks. The 2 CH killed this week were as good. It just goes to show the volatility of it. But we have to take the good with the bad. We are doing Ok.

It would give all, that the bullock could suck of it, to come into 1650 today. bet he is a good bit of 400kgs deadweight yet

Did you not get qa on the bullocks during the week ...€3.88 +12c?
No I don't think so. According to the bord via inspector it is only payable on animals held in the herd 70 days after approval. That's what I understood anyway.

Last edited:
Lads how much a kilo for cows at the minute agent offered me 3.90 for heifers and 3 euro for ch and simental cows thought cows wud b a bit more

Lads how much a kilo for cows at the minute agent offered me 3.90 for heifers and 3 euro for ch and simental cows thought cows wud b a bit more

Even If they are o grade cows, That seems a low price. By At least 10 to 15c.

What is a good fat score? Killed 4 yesterday. 3 were u=3= and came into OK money. One was heavier and was a R=3-. We were paid 5c/kg below the quoted base price. He was a 23 month simmental and I accept that he could have been kept for another few months, but was this deduction because of poor fat? He still came into good money for grass reared and very little meal. (Only got to see the email of the docket last night - should I be going back to them about it on Monday?

What is a good fat score? Killed 4 yesterday. 3 were u=3= and came into OK money. One was heavier and was a R=3-. We were paid 5c/kg below the quoted base price. He was a 23 month simmental and I accept that he could have been kept for another few months, but was this deduction because of poor fat? He still came into good money for grass reared and very little meal. (Only got to see the email of the docket last night - should I be going back to them about it on Monday?

5c increment makes no sense. Everything on the grid is in multiples of 6c. The only thing it might be is a breed specific bonus on the others.

https://www.slaneyfarmers.com/qps-grid

no deduction on the grid for those fat scores r= 3- is still base price .... was he very heavy? I would imagine the lousers were deducting you for been out of spec on carcass weight. 5 cent isn't even a denomination of the grid...

no deduction on the grid for those fat scores r= 3- is still base price .... was he very heavy? I would imagine the lousers were deducting you for been out of spec on carcass weight. 5 cent isn't even a denomination of the grid...

He killed out at 412kg. Got 3.70/kg for him base and the purchasing guy quoted me 3.75 as they came down off the trailer

That`s your base price when the kill out docket comes all bonous or deductions eg bord bia quality 12 cents .Yes get on to the factory and say the quoted grid price was 375 for R`s .

My u bullocks made 3.80 (no multiple of 6). They were all simmentals bar 1 limousin so not really breed specific bonus.

By denomination, I meant the grid rises or falls depending on spec in denominations of 6, so a 5 cent cut isn't a grid based deduction......so by the sound of you've had a fast one pulled...

My u bullocks made 3.80 (no multiple of 6). They were all simmentals bar 1 limousin so not really breed specific bonus.

Your U+ 3= should be paid at €4.05
your R=3- should be paid at €3.87

that is before a weight deduction if there is one. Factory will try to pay a flat price, welcome to the world of marketing red meat. they will try you on as they can see that you are only new to the finishing game. all depends on what crowd of hooks you dealt with. the bigger factories I find the straightest

Thanks I will get onto him on Monday. I thought I might have been deducted because he was under fat but I didn't know at what point the deductions would kick in.

Thanks I will get onto him on Monday. I thought I might have been deducted because he was under fat but I didn't know at what point the deductions would kick in.
fat deductions kick in for 2= and under, and for 4+ and above.
no QA paid on the above grades either

Back