The auction thread.

was at that auction today, the owner died about 20 yrs ago and the place has been leased ever since as his brother lived in dublin, jd 6400 made 27k, ford 9100, abbey 1100 gl vac tanker 1300, tullow dung spreader 1500, haybob 1650, mower 1350, amazone zaf spreader 1100 , plough 4100, and the bargain of the day a 4 sod fiskars non spring loaded 200

Good man humungus :Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

Big money for the two tractors I would have thought. That 7610 is about 1983 I think too.

The 3 sod reversible made strong money too.

All plus fees I imagine.

Saw the equipment pre auction, some nice pieces there though a good wash and oil would have done wonders for their appearance.
Both tractors looked quite decent and original, wouldn't be afraid of either or them. Looked to be genuine well minded items.

Saw the equipment pre auction, some nice pieces there though a good wash and oil would have done wonders for their appearance.
Both tractors looked quite decent and original, wouldn't be afraid of either or them. Looked to be genuine well minded items.
worst turned out auction i ever saw alright, stuff all over the place , its all going to charity so i suppose there was no one in charge to get things done, up to 4 million including the land neighbours reckon

worst turned out auction i ever saw alright, stuff all over the place , its all going to charity so i suppose there was no one in charge to get things done, up to 4 million including the land neighbours reckon

Was a fine place in it's day no doubt, looked like powerful land in the various advertisements.

Was a fine place in it's day no doubt, looked like powerful land in the various advertisements.
yes a lovely farm well done over the yrs, that family owned a lot of land in that area but had no families of their own to carry on the show

Didn't know it was going to charity? Was there today again and got a better look at some of the stuff, couldn't understand why a power washer wasn't brought in even to wash a tractor.

Didn't know it was going to charity? Was there today again and got a better look at some of the stuff, couldn't understand why a power washer wasn't brought in even to wash a tractor.
collecting the drill ?:deyective: when you,re at an auction like that it makes you realise how valuable the machinery we have in our yards are, it doesn,t be long adding up to 100 k,s worth of stuff

collecting the drill ?:deyective: when you,re at an auction like that it makes you realise how valuable the machinery we have in our yards are, it doesn,t be long adding up to 100 k,s worth of stuff
Correct! If you added up the value of what gear you'd have in the yard you'd wonder where the money came from. A few big items wouldn't be long hitting 100k.

Hadn't realised there was a MF 30 In The auction :fight::fight: That Just shows how poorly advertised It was too.:rolleyes2:

Machinery like that which was laid up for so long always makes me a bit nervous :unsure: especially a tractor.

Hadn't realised there was a MF 30 In The auction :fight::fight: That Just shows how poorly advertised It was too.:rolleyes2:

Machinery like that which was laid up for so long always makes me a bit nervous :unsure: especially a tractor.
I didn't know about it either actually, :confused3: a pajero that was parked up in the shed for 13 years made 1k, sure it could have been rotten underneath with brake calipers etc seized solid. When lads hear of low hours and low mileage they go crazy at an auction. Something middle houred and well maintained would be safer I think. Spent enough time un-seizing parked up stuff for lads, it could take hours, days or weeks with no guaranteed results.

Dad went to a machinery auction today in Halfway, he reckons too much was spent
20190425_151754.jpg
20190425_151947.jpg
20190425_152023.jpg

the 399 had the shit gearbox in her, shouldnt of made that amount.
5455 wasnt worth it either dad said. 4 pot massey's aint worth that amount. also had bald tyres
krone mower and tanco wrapper was all rust and not worth the scrap
anything else was at the limit of what they are worth dad thinks
only thing dad wishes he should've tried to get was the bale handler. said by the looks of it very little was done with it and he is on the lookout for one as ours has gone way past its due date

Dad went to a machinery auction today in Halfway, he reckons too much was spent
20190425_151754.jpg
20190425_151947.jpg
20190425_152023.jpg

the 399 had the shit gearbox in her, shouldnt of made that amount.
5455 wasnt worth it either dad said. 4 pot massey's aint worth that amount. also had bald tyres
krone mower and tanco wrapper was all rust and not worth the scrap
anything else was at the limit of what they are worth dad thinks
only thing dad wishes he should've tried to get was the bale handler. said by the looks of it very little was done with it and he is on the lookout for one as ours has gone way past its due date

Lot 77 was a very low mileage cruiser for an 11 year old!

Lot 77 was a very low mileage cruiser for an 11 year old!
it is. mentioned that it was clean inside and out so i'm thinking it isnt your usual "jeep at an auction with low mileage but has been sitting in a run down shed for years and the chassis all rusted out"

Back