Cap 2023-2027

Does this count as one of your two things you need to do for greening payment?, only 4.9% here but that's only hedges in tillage fields, I should be well over 10% when grass fields are included.

It does and potentially 2 so for most it is an easy enough win.

2.21% here which makes no sence at all. We have a wooded area of 2.5 he’s in the middle of the farm which seems to be excluded from the calculation, it is not a planted wood and has never drawn any premiums.

What is that wood counted as currently on your BPS?

2.21% here which makes no sence at all. We have a wooded area of 2.5 he’s in the middle of the farm which seems to be excluded from the calculation, it is not a planted wood and has never drawn any premiums.
I have a bit of forestry and a grove along a river bank that would total about 11% of my land area before any hedges etc. Looks like these aren't included.

From next year on, do you have to get a Teagasc adviser or private adviser to submit your BPS, will you not be allowed to submit it yourself

Where did you see that, lough?
It was at a Teagasc discussion group meeting and I think it has to do with the space for nature.
I'm not sure whether I picked it up wrong or not, that's why I'm asking if anyone else heard it.

It was at a Teagasc discussion group meeting and I think it has to do with the space for nature.
I'm not sure whether I picked it up wrong or not, that's why I'm asking if anyone else heard it.
Not that I am aware of. You do have to engage a planner/consultant for Acres though, even if you are a qualified planner yourself

The space for nature thing fluctuates with split parcels on bps etc. It's not a steady figure and one to keep an eye on. The space for nature work backs are not too onerous though. Plant a bit of a ditch here, gps spreader there. FFS.

The space for nature thing fluctuates with split parcels on bps etc. It's not a steady figure and one to keep an eye on. The space for nature work backs are not too onerous though. Plant a bit of a ditch here, gps spreader there. FFS.

How do you mean? Surely if you have one field it should have the same space for nature if it's in one parcel or 4?

(Reading your post that's not the case)

I was checking the Space for Nature figure for my farm. It’s very low at 2.31% and I’ve a lot of mature hedges, trees and drains. I looked at a few parcel maps and the bits that were deemed to be ineligible ie hedges , drains and scrub etc and taken off the claimed area for the spf over the last few years. They don’t seem to be included now as areas for SFN. It seems very complicated to take SFN areas off individual parcels. Would it be easier & more accurate to take a whole farm / block of land and take the spf claimed area and buildings/ roadways away and be left with the SFN area ?

I was checking the Space for Nature figure for my farm. It’s very low at 2.31% and I’ve a lot of mature hedges, trees and drains. I looked at a few parcel maps and the bits that were deemed to be ineligible ie hedges , drains and scrub etc and taken off the claimed area for the spf over the last few years. They don’t seem to be included now as areas for SFN. It seems very complicated to take SFN areas off individual parcels. Would it be easier & more accurate to take a whole farm / block of land and take the spf claimed area and buildings/ roadways away and be left with the SFN area ?

They are treated with caution. I do not see any reason why your cases above should not be included. You may have some editing to do when you see your advisor.

Who agreed to the new rules on crop rotation?

Reading about it on Agriland and it sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can see it being a huge pain in the ass here anyway with many landlocked blocks where block cropping suits better

Crop rotation must be what one of my neighbours ( well he takes land beside me but lives fifteen minutes away) is up to, planted winter barley every year for six years, whatever he put in the ground at the beginning of August looks at this stage like a poor crop of Kale in appearance ( it’s not kale)

Back