case cvx's

How do you find the front suspension Tinny? Isn't that the one with the army of nipples?

yep, thats the one.
the axle clicks as well, it was a trait on them.
the way its designed it would have to be in fair bad shape to fall apart, ive re done all the seals and bushes on it a few yrs ago, its ok now, but i see it geting loose a bit again.
dont think the grease would save it neway, there is a conversion kit available, £1500 iirc.

what about this?

Attachments

• 01112010(001).jpg
    01112010(001).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 01112010(002).jpg
    01112010(002).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 01112010.jpg
    01112010.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 01112010(003).jpg
    01112010(003).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 106
as far as i know the later modes, say '04 on the 190s and there successors all had a heavier axle.

My 04 reg TVT155 was 50km and had 5 stud axle and the few 10 stud i did see were all 40km.
It did seem odd to me to have less studs holding a faster turning wheel on.

Or if you were not afraid of giving one a bit of TLC then this could be worth a punt. Dealer has had it at least two years I think. The top of the bonnet is faded, gas strut gone on the door and the interior needs a scrub from what I remember from sitting in it in July when meself and the younger brother went for a snoop around some dealers.

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/farm-tractor/1234209/case-ih-cvx-1190.html
whats wrong with it:confused1:what you mentioned would be fixed for 80quid and a afternoon elbow grease

whats wrong with it:confused1:what you mentioned would be fixed for 80quid and a afternoon elbow grease

Honestly I am not entirely sure and I am trying to rack my brain what else was up with it. Think the black part of the mudguard by the steps is cracked as well and the steering wheel tilt adjustment was broken too.

Honestly I am not entirely sure and I am trying to rack my brain what else was up with it. Think the black part of the mudguard by the steps is cracked as well and the steering wheel tilt adjustment was broken too.
cowboy operators=leave alone

the steering is easy fixed, iirc its about 30-40 quid for the kit.
mudguard stuff like that isnt too dear iirc.
she might be worth a look at tho.

suppose:001_unsure:

how do you tell if a vario box is on the way out?
even if it was, which id doubt, stuff isnt lolly money, the g box can be removed from the tractor very easily, in about 2 hrs, no need to split her either, just pulls out from the side.
you would need to spend a bit of time on her before you would really know what the box was like, but calibrating them seems to help a lot.
to the man that never had one before the clunk from fwd to rev might sound rare but its normal enuf, you would kinda want to know them really, im still learning about her.
wonder could it be hired for a tad, with the option to buy.
o heidin would know better about what to watch out for.

I have seen that one in Profi Farmer's link above also and would be of the opinion that it was a tractor that was dogged.

You wouldn't get a deal out of that yard either as they seem to love leaving older trade-ins languish in the yard rather than sell them on for less margin.

Unless it was a repo or a hire tractor it would have meant a lesser spec machine went out in its place.

how do you tell if a vario box is on the way out?

Vario Box is not know for failures, some early models had stepper motor failures, these act with the Hydrostat, software changes have resolved this, it was a mandatory upgrade by dealers, so should be done, if you need to check it should be SGR 1.6.0.0 is the software level i think . . .

i know of an '02 170 that is on 12000hrs now on original box, but i also know of ones which had stepper motor failure, anything since '05 should be fine, and would be a certainly if it had the upgrade of software. the earlier ones that got the software upgrade don't fail either.

as Tinny says if you need to go internal, it takes about an hour to get in, which is wheel off, a ring of bolts which hold s the cartridge in, then pull the whole lot out.

The only real problem i know of its on the 190's and 195s, when doing a lot of heavy draft at low speed, jumping between the K1 and K2 dog clutches, i have seen one to knock a couple of teeth off the clutch, it still drives but when under load even slight it will cause the machine to feel a bit lethargic and rev a bit more. best way to check this is find a steep hill or implement and travel up the hill going up and down through the seems from 0-6k, to be honest, of the 50 odd CVX's i know of this only happened once.

Oh and Profi Farmer did a nice article on buying used recently!

Hope this helps!

Vario Box is not know for failures, some early models had stepper motor failures, these act with the Hydrostat, software changes have resolved this, it was a mandatory upgrade by dealers, so should be done, if you need to check it should be SGR 1.6.0.0 is the software level i think . . .

i know of an '02 170 that is on 12000hrs now on original box, but i also know of ones which had stepper motor failure, anything since '05 should be fine, and would be a certainly if it had the upgrade of software. the earlier ones that got the software upgrade don't fail either.

as Tinny says if you need to go internal, it takes about an hour to get in, which is wheel off, a ring of bolts which hold s the cartridge in, then pull the whole lot out.

The only real problem i know of its on the 190's and 195s, when doing a lot of heavy draft at low speed, jumping between the K1 and K2 dog clutches, i have seen one to knock a couple of teeth off the clutch, it still drives but when under load even slight it will cause the machine to feel a bit lethargic and rev a bit more. best way to check this is find a steep hill or implement and travel up the hill going up and down through the seems from 0-6k, to be honest, of the 50 odd CVX's i know of this only happened once.

Oh and Profi Farmer did a nice article on buying used recently!

Hope this helps!
thats what started this off:whistling::whistling::thumbup1:

is there any special way to drive these, as there are lots of threads about the JD autopower giving up when used for holdind back trailers and being driven eratically,which will fek them up

Back