case cvx's

Going to look at a 2003 cvx 170 with 2800 hours.
Any thing the 2003 build ones have that should be looked out for?
Thanks

PC160055_01Large1.jpg

front axle. check bushes.
gasket on r/h side of the engine beloe the head, its small and minor, but tends to leak on some.

R/H brake adjustment, keep it well adjusted to stop premature brake failure

SGR software version 1.6.0.0 - this is a must, it prevents transmission problems with the stepper motor.

see if the top(actuator part) on the stanadyne pump has been replaced - they do need upgrading, check the tractor runs nice from cold on tick over and right the way through the rev range . .

they are the main points!

Thanks, will ask.
sorry Bc, didnt see your post.

as o heidin says, he is our resident expert on them.

but as always id highly recomend one, you wont regret buying one.
i had the software upgraded on my one, it made a job of her.

the front axle arms will be loose, most are, unless they got the upgrade on the bushes, it dont really do much harm neway, that version of axle clicked a lot when turning, even if the 4wd wasnt on, just the trait of them.

see if she has got air brakes, mine hasnt:sad:

If the hours are true, i dont think there could be to much to worry about.
Would have liked the 1170 CVX, but the price seems right.
Think they are asking about £24000 for it, they had 3 or four for sale and i think thats the right price for it.

If the hours are true, i dont think there could be to much to worry about.
Would have liked the 1170 CVX, but the price seems right.
Think they are asking about £24000 for it, they had 3 or four for sale and i think thats the right price for it.
i dont think its that handy to fiddle the hours on them, unless someone clocked her if thats possible, which i doubt, you will know when you walk round her.
braking isnt great on them, the tranny wants to go on for a bit, watch that one:001_rolleyes:.

Think we will put 600hour a year on her.
I think the brakes are poor to, she will be in the field most of the time.

PC160053_01Large.jpg

Back