how much is tillage ground making ?

Was land leased out for five years near here and it made 330 an acre. Two heros bidding and neither had brakes.
Local 20+ acre plot of grazing land went 280 an acre about 4/5 years ago,which would of been completely unheard of up this way,knew both bidders... funnily enough the winning bidder was ordered out of it there before xmas.... and it wasn’t for over paying

kinda similar position, 70% of my land is leased, just have to make sure leases overlap in case of potentially problems, and if suitable land comes up, you have to take it as you know some of the current land may become unavailable in the near future
if land comes up you have to take it ? and then you complain about lads getting too much money when they rent out their land

if land comes up you have to take it ? and then you complain about lads getting too much money when they rent out their land
What I mean by that is, when renting is such a high proportion of your farmland, often have to take land in advance of actually needing it, as with many landlords, one of them is always like to pull out every 4 or 5 years. It's back up.

Then again I wouldnt pay anything close to what some on here are reporting for land,

Local 20+ acre plot of grazing land went 280 an acre about 4/5 years ago,which would of been completely unheard of up this way,knew both bidders... funnily enough the winning bidder was ordered out of it there before xmas.... and it wasn’t for over paying
Back about 10 years ago I walked some land that was for lease up your way. 23 acres. Good enough land but very rocky. It was never mowed. It would have been ideal for suckler cow grazing. It was clean but hungry enough ground. It would have almost doubled the capacity that I had at the time and I was passing it daily for work. There was 4k of a sfp on it and the leaser wanted it all back on top of the lease price. 200 an acre was my max. I went to 5000. I heard nothing back for a week so I rang the auctioneer and he said that it was at 7000. I was definitely out. That was 11k in total. It was the best paying 23 acres in the country.

Speaking to an inlaw a year or 2 after that I mentioned that I had looked at it. It was close to him. He said that a neighbor had been the underbidder against a lad that nobody knew. The deposit was paid, the entitlements signed over (it was really close to the closing date for sfp application). Rent was to be paid in 3 installments. He paid one, grazed it for the year, claimed the payments and left the farmer about 9 grand short.

That’s like asking a fella what’s the wife like in the c

Back about 10 years ago I walked some land that was for lease up your way. 23 acres. Good enough land but very rocky. It was never mowed. It would have been ideal for suckler cow grazing. It was clean but hungry enough ground. It would have almost doubled the capacity that I had at the time and I was passing it daily for work. There was 4k of a sfp on it and the leaser wanted it all back on top of the lease price. 200 an acre was my max. I went to 5000. I heard nothing back for a week so I rang the auctioneer and he said that it was at 7000. I was definitely out. That was 11k in total. It was the best paying 23 acres in the country.

Speaking to an inlaw a year or 2 after that I mentioned that I had looked at it. It was close to him. He said that a neighbor had been the underbidder against a lad that nobody knew. The deposit was paid, the entitlements signed over (it was really close to the closing date for sfp application). Rent was to be paid in 3 installments. He paid one, grazed it for the year, claimed the payments and left the farmer about 9 grand short.

a guy could rip you off whether the rent was low , medium or high , no guarentee a cheap rent means a straight tenant

Was land leased out for five years near here and it made 330 an acre. Two heros bidding and neither had brakes.

When i enquired about the 11 acres of that beside me , the auctioneer told me that he had received one bid ,of E3000 for it . No entitlements . It later went to 400 an acre . Before the poorer part being put with it for 330 for it all . Theres 2 acres of the poorer bit could be used as a reception pit for an umbilical slurry system.

Hard to face into people that youd have a bit rented from for years , after they hear of these prices ...

You would hope that youd get better as you get older but definitely you should get smarter. Smarter might mean not expanding simply for the sake of expanding .

I can remember back in 1999/2000 when the rumours started about subsidies being based on those years land and milk quota went mad locally here in N.Kerry .50 acres with 30k gal. quota went over 20k punts(E25k) .The lads that paid the big money that time reaped the rewards after with big sfp established based on them years .Are farmers paying big rent this year gambling

Do you still have it rented
No he sold it for one off housing with room for a pony . I heard he put the money into ELAN shares. We took on an extra 34 acres the following year as it was disputed so. The whole 234 acres was sold the biggest lot being 35 acres so about 17 houses on it now.

This could be a reference year.
I’ve been hearing that for the last few years.

i will be applying on the land this year and would not commence a lease until the autumn as i need the ground for stock for the first six or seven months anyway and also my GLAS term doesnt end until the end of this year

anyone who takes it would not be driving in until september or august at earliest and would not themselves be applying on the land until 2022

im still unsure what the average rent is for barley or wheat ? , while 150 may be enough for someone trying to turn a profit , land was making 150 per acre to rent twenty five years ago , in truth the rental market has not moved in tandem with the price of land at all when you think about it , im not saying it should be 300 per acre but prices dont tend to remain static and with the new culture of long term renting over buying , change in rent prices was probably overdue ?

i will be applying on the land this year and would not commence a lease until the autumn as i need the ground for stock for the first six or seven months anyway and also my GLAS term doesnt end until the end of this year

anyone who takes it would not be driving in until september or august at earliest and would not themselves be applying on the land until 2022

im still unsure what the average rent is for barley or wheat ? , while 150 may be enough for someone trying to turn a profit , land was making 150 per acre to rent twenty five years ago , in truth the rental market has not moved in tandem with the price of land at all when you think about it , im not saying it should be 300 per acre but prices dont tend to remain static and with the new culture of long term renting over buying , change in rent prices was probably overdue ?
I’m not sure the price of land ever followed the economics of farming.

Back