Importing UK machinery post brexit

Do you know if the dropping of the pre Jan 2021 stipulation applies to other vehicles too or is it just for agri machinery?
Sorry, I don’t know if that is the case with regards to non-agri.

The girl I spoke to in the NCTS head office (VRT section) just said that they had received a memo from Revenue in recent weeks removing the stipulation, and were in the process of filtering it out to the NCT centres.

Sorry, I don’t know if that is the case with regards to non-agri.

The girl I spoke to in the NCTS head office (VRT section) just said that they had received a memo from Revenue in recent weeks removing the stipulation, and were in the process of filtering it out to the NCT centres.
Filtering it out ffs in this day and age, how many NCT centres are there that they couldn't just notify them all in a e.mail

- The VRT chap (NCTS employee) proceeded to tell me this wasn’t prove it was in the North prior to Jan - I explained it was a signed and legally binding document. He refused to accept it, I asked him what would he accept or if could he not check the vehicle history through the DVLA. He could not give me an example of what would constitute proof nor as he said could he check the tractor history with the DVLA
That is the sickening part of it with some of those guys … he’s telling you he won’t accept your “proof” and yet won’t tell you what would satisfy the requirement.

That is the sickening part of it with some of those guys … he’s telling you he won’t accept your “proof” and yet won’t tell you what would satisfy the requirement.
Yeah, and he wasn’t nice about it either…he had a firm handle on bureaucratic arrogance, anyways thanks to that change I didn’t have to deal with him any longer than necessary, and the girl in head office who sorted it was sound.

The statistical code came through this morn, and I went down to the NCT office this afternoon (different office, the first one wasn’t open today [they are not open everyday it seems]- the girl in this one was very pleasant to deal with), paid the VRT (€200), and now have my Irish reg number, and am very glad to be finished with the process.

Has anyone any experience bringing equipment from Scotland to Northern Ireland, I was planning to run over in the Jeep and Trailer to lift some refrigeration equipment for the dairy, just wondering what I need to have in order before I head over.
Did you ever bring it over, how did you get on?

Did you ever bring it over, how did you get on?
I priced a pallet today to see how much it would cost to get it from England to Ireland, it would cost 224 euro from the UK to Ireland plus customs charges and the freight company can't tell me what revenue could charge.
I can get the same thing delivered to NI by the same company for 150 euro and no custom charges

Anyone know if I would be liable for import tax If I brought in a bus which has been converted for living from the uk??
I would not want to road register it.
Am vat registered already

Anyone know if I would be liable for import tax If I brought in a bus which has been converted for living from the uk??
I'm asking this because I bought a tanker i England two weeks ago.
It landed last week I paid for it.
Rang the haulage company and they Brought it in.
No cert or anything

Via Dublin or Rosslare You would be liable for duty and vat on the invoice price I'd expect. No VRT as you're not registering it for road.

I've no idea what the story is if it comes via the North

I'm asking this because I bought a tanker i England two weeks ago.
It landed last week I paid for it.
Rang the haulage company and they Brought it in.
No cert or anything
I bought a combine last year, it was left to a 3rd party it came in after not even getting a puff from a leaf blower, I was delighted as I didn't want water blasted into every bearing. The people in the trade obviously know ways to get around these things.

I bought a combine last year, it was left to a 3rd party it came in after not even getting a puff from a leaf blower, I was delighted as I didn't want water blasted into every bearing. The people in the trade obviously know ways to get around these things.
There must be some loop hole in it somewhere

For that reason I'd be far from happy about it.
Just clean it yourself I think most of us are well qualified to deep clean a machine and also know what not to do. I don't think too many would roll it off the low loader and crank it up to full noise straight into a field of winter barley.

Just clean it yourself I think most of us are well qualified to deep clean a machine and also know what not to do. I don't think too many would roll it off the low loader and crank it up to full noise straight into a field of winter barley.

I know but given the size of black grass seeds and how prolific it is, I'd prefer them to be in the UK not in Ireland.

But absolutely hear you on some spotty teenager blasting solenoid and the like let alone bearings.

Back