Landini tractors

What size are they?

There are Klebers all round on the Legend here, would be unsure if they are originals.

Goodyears all round on the 9880, definitely originals
Look like 520/85r38's and 420/85r28's, but not sure.

The Good Years are well into their 3rd decade so ?

Soon after I bought the 385 that @ZetorMan98 has now , I bought a sh pr of Good Year radials for it for £300 . Thet went off on it 18 yrs later.
Them Goodyears are still at home, and still are still holding air 100%, although a bit short on grip for wet fields or bog. I swapped them out for 600/55/38s as she does a good bit of bog work, although the Goodyears could reappear yet as twins if required

Same as what's on my 135. That's generally the standard size on that age. Few fitted with 18.4's too.
I thought the 130 usually came on 18.4??? But you would be more clued in on them.
The tractor above is clearly on narrower rims, 15" or maybe even 14" rims.

They are, the 9880 is 1999. Nearly 7500 hours on them.
00 reg. 9880 here still on original Goodyear, around 11k hours.

On the look out for 2 part worn for the front though.

1990 7610 at home on original goodyears at 4500 hours. They are not too perished either.

I have a man here laying a bit of concrete . He tows his Hitachi EX 40 with this . A 1990 6410 7100 hrs , came from mainland Europe . On 4 Goodyear radials , all looking shook . Could these be original? He only has the tractor 18 odd months , but a neighbour had it for some time previously.
20220113_154458.jpg20220114_130329.jpg

I have a man here laying a bit of concrete . He tows his Hitachi EX 40 with this . A 1990 6410 7100 hrs , came from mainland Europe . On 4 Goodyear radials , all looking shook . Could these be original? He only has the tractor 18 odd months , but a neighbour had it for some time previously.
View attachment 101915View attachment 101916
I think you have just missed part of the date stamp. The bottom right part of the pic usually will have 4 digits, all I can see is 049- which would mean that tyre was manufactured in the forth week of '9x??

I think you have just missed part of the date stamp. The bottom right part of the pic usually will have 4 digits, all I can see is 049- which would mean that tyre was manufactured in the forth week of '9x??

Looked at it again, nothing more I'm afraid. Just 049.

There would be a lot of MF 135s around on their original Goodyear tyres, some implements that are used infrequently might have older tyres. Old rubber seems to be made of a harder compound than modern tyres.

Just read through this thread from the beginning (not in 1 sitting!) I see 9880's mentioned a lot, how would the 8880 compare?

I'd safely say from all of the tractors we have had about here the 9880 is by far the best all rounder, a simple tractor to operate and maintain. Ok it's getting on now and comfort might not be on par with the modern equivalent but she still gets the job done. Our one is getting treated this winter, shes been with us for nearly 20years and hopefully this will secure the next 20 😁👌.
IMG-20210718-WA0029__01.jpgIMG_20211106_125451.jpg

Just read through this thread from the beginning (not in 1 sitting!) I see 9880's mentioned a lot, how would the 8880 compare?

As gone says they are more like a 690 than a 698T.

The main difference is they have a 248 engine rather than a 236T. Gearbox, front axle and cab all the same as a 9880.

Lift capacity is a bit lower, often only one assistor ram whereas there are 2 on the 9880 as standard.

Usually 16.9r34 rears rather than 18.4's.

If you found a good one, I certainly would not be afraid of it.

They came in sloped bonnet versions too, I would not mind one of those myself!

I'd safely say from all of the tractors we have had about here the 9880 is by far the best all rounder, a simple tractor to operate and maintain. Ok it's getting on now and comfort might not be on par with the modern equivalent but she still gets the job done. Our one is getting treated this winter, shes been with us for nearly 20years and hopefully this will secure the next 20 😁👌.
View attachment 101955View attachment 101954

That looked very clean even before you started Enda! 1996/7 model?

The main difference is they have a 248 engine rather than a 236T. Gearbox, front axle and cab all the same as a 9880.

Lift capacity is a bit lower, often only one assistor ram whereas there are 2 on the 9880 as standard.

What would you expect to pay for a 1994 model? Engine re-done 4 years ago.

4745-300c849cc8d65b76ca6e3b8fbfd66773-2724729-0.jpg

Ultimate 8880, nearly bought one like that before we bought the 9880.

That looked very clean even before you started Enda! 1996/7 model?
Spot on 1996, She wasn't bad but the cab was letting in water ( the air filter lid ) and that was starting to spread, needed clutch , king pins, other odds and ends.... You know how it goes 😆.

Ultimate 8880, nearly bought one like that before we bought the 9880.
[/QUOTE]

A friend has an MF 4355 Snoopy with a loader . While he says that is the ultimate loader tractor , it isn't great for field work . Boil if you looked at it. Smaller radiator to lower bonnet line.
Perfect for loader use . But not ideal for agitating , mowing etc .

Spot on 1996, She wasn't bad but the cab was letting in water ( the air filter lid ) and that was starting to spread, needed clutch , king pins, other odds and ends.... You know how it goes 😆.
Is it unusual for the king pins to go like that assuming it’s not had a loader or pack of weights on the front all it’s life ?

Is it unusual for the king pins to go like that assuming it’s not had a loader or pack of weights on the front all it’s life ?
Yes and no, we started out with an archway 3 point linkage wrapper so ran half a ton on it for a few seasons, then replaced with rolls of wrap hanging off the front. Except for this winter its used for feeding, because the hustler is back further it needs a half ton on the front so I'd say they have done well. But I would say they would have lasted longer if there were a grease nipple on the lower ones, tops have but for some reason the lower ones don't so the new ones got 2 when they were out.

Back