The older masseys

View attachment 98091
I think I'd sooner buy that. It's cheaper, it's a mark 2 so no worrying about head gaskets, it has an opico turbo and it's incredibly straight and original with very little rust for a 500 series tractor. It's a wonder it hasn't been sold yet.
An 82 would have 2 door cab?

Came across a pair of original glass for the headlights of the 168 here. Butlers, made in England. Lamps were replaced some years ago.would the original glass be sought after?

Came across a pair of original glass for the headlights of the 168 here. Butlers, made in England. Lamps were replaced some years ago.would the original glass be sought after?
Yes. Hell I'd nearly buy them now. nothing more frustrating then having 2 odd lenses because you can't source the original ones.

I,, put them up on donedeal & see if anyone values them.could be in the free ads section though, me being from cavan & all. Search "168 original glass headlight lens"

@Mf240 better get out the Polish...

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMH19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xOTUwNzQ2MzAifQ==

anyone got at serial numbers for a 702 massey it's an early enough one with massey harris ferguson casting on the bell housingIMG-20211022-WA0001.jpgIMG-20211022-WA0022.jpg

Really? 165 - 13500

Tidy enough and all but I dont know would I give that for a 165 even a 188 I wouldn't give that for. Did they not make 165s up until 79 too like the 168s and 188s?

The paintwork is somewhat rough around the dash and the fuel gauge and tacho aren't even working. For that money,it would need to have everything right...
Yes,they were made til 1979.

my father bought a brand new 168 in 1979 with a lambourn cab, same as this https://www.google.com/search?q=mf+...ECAEQAw&biw=1600&bih=757#imgrc=8Kn-tENToaLt7M

Price in 1979 10000 pounds

I'm well aware of the 168 made to 79. My uncle's father bought one new in December 1979, it's 25th from last one made. He still has it, I'm going to do it up when when i get rid of this international. View attachment 98963

not bad for 1979, has that been stored inside or outside all its life

the roof fell off ours after about 11years, we are near the sea, and whatever steel and paint process they used in Lambourn was rubbish

not bad for 1979, has that been stored inside or outside all its life

the roof fell off ours after about 11years, we are near the sea, and whatever steel and paint process they used in Lambourn was rubbish
It spent most of its life outside and still does a lot of the work on the uncle's farm but its stored indoors these days. My uncle was smart enough though when the roof came off it he put it straight in the shed along with the doors and it's still good and solid thanks to that. Actually have one of the doors to make a pair for a 188 with the same cab.

His father was better again, the window broke on it after a month of having it so he got a new one straight away and out of fear of it breaking again he never put it back on so it's been lying in a shed this 40 years too. I used it to make a new window for a 240 with the same cab.

261058 here https://www.forum4farming.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-older-masseys.9696/page-70#post-785146 it can tip that dump trailer too, dipstick goes right to the bottom if oil is at the regular maximum level, if you give an extra 4l of oil then you have plenty
She's a fine looking machine. The oversize wheels really make a good job of her, new c&g cab looks cosy too. How's the pump on her, is it quick enough at tipping? My uncle wants the 168 piped up to run the wrapper, wondering will I have to go messing with the pump or has it the newer pump like that found on a 565 with a flow rate of 9.5 gallons per minute or the older one with 4.5 gallons per minute.

I know it's a bit of a long shot but would anyone be able to tell me what the purple, yellow, and green wires on a massey 1135 do. I presume the loom was made by hella. I dont know what any of these are meant to do. they're all located around the light switch and I can't trace them to anywhere else.

Back