Valtra Valmet

How are the Modern Valtras in terms of reliability etc.
Was gawping at a 125hp hi tec model (2021 plate) at a show today. Had a sit inside and was quite impressed with visibility and such I must say.

Was it an A or an N?

Was it an A or an N?
Ah good question. Didn't study that hard.
She had a good spec.
Front suspension. Hears, loader and linkage control on the armrest

Cat3 linkage

Spools were a bit far away mind you.

I noticed all the loader tractors on the stand had 200kg worth of wheel weights on the back.
Are they light on their back ends?

Ah good question. Didn't study that hard.
She had a good spec.
Front suspension. Hears, loader and linkage control on the armrest

Cat3 linkage

Spools were a bit far away mind you.

I noticed all the loader tractors on the stand had 200kg worth of wheel weights on the back.
Are they light on their back ends?

That ssounds like an N with that spec. The extra weights are a big help.

Massey in different clothes?
Yeah. Basically the same tractor as a Massey 5s
Come with either the Dyna 4 or Dyna 6. Slightly higher specced than the Massey I believe. They seem to be positioning Valtra as a slightly premium tractor, which is odd as they already have Fendt in that category.

Reactions: AYF
Yeah. Basically the same tractor as a Massey 5s
Come with either the Dyna 4 or Dyna 6. Slightly higher specced than the Massey I believe. They seem to be positioning Valtra as a slightly premium tractor, which is odd as they already have Fendt in that category.
I was chatting to a valtra sales about a demo N series that he was going to send out to me, I wanted a ballpark figure to change, salesman told me you don’t buy a valtra on price, I didn’t bother taking the demo.

Peacock and Binnington, have a new
Valtra G 125 advertised in the farmers weekly.
£48,000 plus vat.
Fewer bigger demo tractors in the same add.

I was chatting to a valtra sales about a demo N series that he was going to send out to me, I wanted a ballpark figure to change, salesman told me you don’t buy a valtra on price, I didn’t bother taking the demo.
was it donegal or cavan , its a fair attitude for a salesman to have.
sales is like courting, if you don't impress the customer there isn't a 2nd date or a 3rd , and obviously you didn't have a 2nd date 🙂

was it donegal or cavan , its a fair attitude for a salesman to have.
sales is like courting, if you don't impress the customer there isn't a 2nd date or a 3rd , and obviously you didn't have a 2nd date 🙂
Donegal, i would say the Cavan men would’ve tried and sell.

Peacock and Binnington, have a new
Valtra G 125 advertised in the farmers weekly.
£48,000 plus vat.
Fewer bigger demo tractors in the same add.
That doesn't sound right.
The one I saw was 2 yrs old, 800hrs and was listed at 65k

Or was it insanely expensive?!

Demo Valtra landed today.
They insisted on bringing me an N 134. Said the G 125 would be too small for us.
Trouble is the N is too big!
Quite a bit bigger than the JD 115R

Haven't had much to do with it yet
But must say it's very user friendly. No screen to go through for settings.

Was mowing round a stubble field to tidy up before direct drilling and found it very comfortable. If the fuel monitor is correct then it wasn't using any more fuel than the 115r on the same mower.

Suspended cab takes a bit of getting used to at speed. The rocking mates it feel unstable.

Had a very brief go with the loader and I must say the visibility was brilliant.
The electronic joystick was a tad sensitive, and stupidly fast!

Anyone know is there a way to slow the loader down?
There is a toggle switch on the joystick with a picture of a ram and + anf - either side.
But doesn't seem to fo anything!

There is a toggle switch on the joystick with a picture of a ram and + anf - either side.
Any of those electric joystick loaders I have driven for a few minutes, are super sensitive

Reactions: AYF
Demo Valtra landed today.
They insisted on bringing me an N 134. Said the G 125 would be too small for us.
Trouble is the N is too big!
Quite a bit bigger than the JD 115R

Haven't had much to do with it yet
But must say it's very user friendly. No screen to go through for settings.

Was mowing round a stubble field to tidy up before direct drilling and found it very comfortable. If the fuel monitor is correct then it wasn't using any more fuel than the 115r on the same mower.

Suspended cab takes a bit of getting used to at speed. The rocking mates it feel unstable.

Had a very brief go with the loader and I must say the visibility was brilliant.
The electronic joystick was a tad sensitive, and stupidly fast!

How is it too big? Physical size? There are a few around here, impressive tractors but mainly with diehard Valtra men.

I'd have a suspicion that is third/fourth service for the loader.

How is it too big? Physical size? There are a few around here, impressive tractors but mainly with diehard Valtra men.

I'd have a suspicion that is third/fourth service for the loader.
Yep physically big.
It's a fair bit longer than the Deere,
Wider, but that's down to it being on 650 boots which I don't need
It's quite a bit higher too.
The 115 is just nice for pur sheds, we haven't anywhere we can't muck out with it, but It is a tight fit in a couple of pens, and would be worse yet with the valtra I suspect.

Well had the Valtra a few days now and must say I like it a lot. Spent the day direct drilling yesterday, long old day but wasn't a strain at all. But saying that I've no experience of full suspension tractors previously, so bound to be good!

Just a few bug bares.
Door handle is far too low! Fine for getting in, but getting out is a stretch down for a tall person!
No right hand door, though I think they are an option?
Gear change is slow, in a deere if you press gear down twice, it changes gear down twice, there and then! Valtra seems to want to change one gear before you have to ask it to change again! Though ypu do get used to it, and changes are smooth to be fair.

Pickup hitch is stupidly slow extending out!!

Loader is closer to a catapult than loader, though I'm told it can be slowed down! Though a while spent playing about carrying meal troughs had me handling the joystick a bit better!

Which tractor the valtra or old Deere have nicer access in and out. Alot of the new tractors have very steep narrow steps which I wouldnt like on a loader tractor that you be in and out bit more often.

Which tractor the valtra or old Deere have nicer access in and out. Alot of the new tractors have very steep narrow steps which I wouldnt like on a loader tractor that you be in and out bit more often.
As the deere is an R series it has good set of steps. Valtra might just beat it if not for the low door handle.

I'm told the new jd sloping bonet type tractor have a stupidly narrow set of steps, for something targeting the loader tractor market I find that poor thinking

Well had the Valtra a few days now and must say I like it a lot. Spent the day direct drilling yesterday, long old day but wasn't a strain at all. But saying that I've no experience of full suspension tractors previously, so bound to be good!

Just a few bug bares.
Door handle is far too low! Fine for getting in, but getting out is a stretch down for a tall person!
No right hand door, though I think they are an option?
Gear change is slow, in a deere if you press gear down twice, it changes gear down twice, there and then! Valtra seems to want to change one gear before you have to ask it to change again! Though ypu do get used to it, and changes are smooth to be fair.

Pickup hitch is stupidly slow extending out!!

Loader is closer to a catapult than loader, though I'm told it can be slowed down! Though a while spent playing about carrying meal troughs had me handling the joystick a bit better!
I drive both jd and valtra. The valtra is easier to get on and off, loader speed can be adjusted , don't know about hitch. The gear changes are sh1t and are hard to get used to . I find the valtra a nice enough place to work and while it sounds rough standing beside it , the sounds in the cab is excellent

I drive both jd and valtra. The valtra is easier to get on and off, loader speed can be adjusted , don't know about hitch. The gear changes are sh1t and are hard to get used to . I find the valtra a nice enough place to work and while it sounds rough standing beside it , the sounds in the cab is excellent
They do sound rough don't they!
I noticed that!

I do wonder is there a way to adjust the gear change, it seems faster in auto!

They do sound rough don't they!
I noticed that!

I do wonder is there a way to adjust the gear change, it seems faster in auto!
For me the gearbox is the big letdown , while its smooth and all that, the delays take getting used to and the revving that accompanys range drops is annoying. It seems your never fully in charge of the box like on a jd . The powershifts are smooth compared to range changes . Have they the reliability of jd ? , I don't think so and service cost are high

Back