Valtra Valmet

For me the gearbox is the big letdown , while its smooth and all that, the delays take getting used to and the revving that accompanys range drops is annoying. It seems your never fully in charge of the box like on a jd . The powershifts are smooth compared to range changes . Have they the reliability of jd ? , I don't think so and service cost are high
I like that the hydraulic system is separate to the gearbox, can see that saving some grief!

I haven't looked at servicing. Are the intervals more often?

How are Valtras resail values?

Given that we tend to keep tractors fairly long, should resail be less of an issue for us?

I like that the hydraulic system is separate to the gearbox, can see that saving some grief!

I haven't looked at servicing. Are the intervals more often?

How are Valtras resail values?

Given that we tend to keep tractors fairly long, should resail be less of an issue for us?
Did you order one in the end?

Would you consider one over the JD
Tbh I'd need a good demo on the new 6120 with sloping bonet before saying either way. I'm hearing good things about them.
Just a shame JD can't see the light and make the R style cab available with a basic spec and at least one side window.

Dealers keep calling the M cab the '30 series cab' truth is it came out on the 6000 series tractors 30 years ago!

Not been hearing much good on valtras resail value either.
I know one contractor who wanted to go back to JD, but the dealer didn't want the Valtra as a trade in!
And it would have been a very well minded one! Dealer claimed they struggle to be rid of them!

Hard one.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a demo on a Fendt either! Just to see what a cvt is like!

Tbh I'd need a good demo on the new 6120 with sloping bonet before saying either way. I'm hearing good things about them.
Just a shame JD can't see the light and make the R style cab available with a basic spec and at least one side window.

Dealers keep calling the M cab the '30 series cab' truth is it came out on the 6000 series tractors 30 years ago!

Not been hearing much good on valtras resail value either.
I know one contractor who wanted to go back to JD, but the dealer didn't want the Valtra as a trade in!
And it would have been a very well minded one! Dealer claimed they struggle to be rid of them!

Hard one.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a demo on a Fendt either! Just to see what a cvt is like!
I wouldn't be overly impressed with a dealer trying to sell me a tractor I didn't want or need to be honest. Had the same crap when I was changing a couple of years ago. Salesmen in my yard, trying to sell me a bigger 6 cylinder, I explained I wanted a compact 4 cylinder as access to one shed is limited. I showed them the shed, they said they would come back with prices for what I wanted. Then they came back with prices for 6 cylinder 140 HP tractors. Needless to say, I shall not repeat what I said to them 🤬

Valtra are premium price new but a poor seller s/,h alright ,they just are too much of a niche brand in this part of the world seemingly.
Valtra OK if you are trading against another one. The dealer in this area trys very hard to keep prices of second hand machines up but you'll often see lads looking to change brand selling them off closer to the trade in price that dealers of other brands are giving them.

Valtra are premium price new but a poor seller s/,h alright ,they just are too much of a niche brand in this part of the world seemingly.
I’d rate Valtra highly, there is good value in demo and ex hire ones in the Uk now.
There’s very little price between brands of similar quality when the spec is the same, no different to other dealers over the past few years Valtra dealers up their margins, giving less discounts than they did previously.

That ship of dreams has sailed away, all dealers yards are full of machinery.
Farm incomes are down, contractors are getting it hard to collect money.
It’s going to be a tough year for all farmers and those who farmers deal with.

Maybe there's good value in ex hire ones etc,have heard if a couple of big ones priced not too bad alright.
Have also heard prices of brand new farmer size ones that sounded very expensive.
The quality is good I'd imagine but cost of ownership could be high.
I doubt there would be much spurious parts available when they get on a bit either

Drove a 23k hour Valtra recently. Yes, it has the slap bang wallop powershift but wears its hours well which seems to be the case with Valtra in general.

Back