Ford/New Holland

A good man with a welder could weld a patch into that hole. I wonder are the main bearings damaged in the block or is it just the big ends?

A fella in the yard looking at it today said he would weld it no bother. The crank shaft is shot! Totally wore out from the cap on Conrod Being loose. I have a spare engine that I want to test to make sure not poures and will prob rebuild that and stick it in.

Anybody following the Paul Cable collection sale that Chiffon had today?

I see the County 1474 made 90k!!!, the 7000 over 26k :scared: (it was bought for around 12k I think and lightly restored), a 7810 Silver Jubilee made 35k :scared:, while the Doe didnt make as much as I thought it would at only 42k.:undecided:
I thought the doe would make alot more too,a neighbour asked me about it last night and i said she will make over 60.
Was chatting the auctioneer that sold her this evening as bought a few lots in it and had bid for two of the tractors, and I mentioned I thought she would of made alot more,he said she was nice but was no means mint.said she was no comparison for a one that they sold last year that made alot more.

A fella in the yard looking at it today said he would weld it no bother. The crank shaft is shot! Totally wore out from the cap on Conrod Being loose. I have a spare engine that I want to test to make sure not poures and will prob rebuild that and stick it in.
I wouldn't be surprised at the crankshaft being beyond repair but i was thinking of the block. when the shell bearings rotate in the block it's often not worth repairing as I have heard the block is machined and an insert put in. it could work of course, but a botched job would be unlikely to give satisfaction.

If you have a deadman switch fitted you need to fit a ten amp fuse across the back of switch terminals to keep the ECU alive, after about four days with no power the tractor will lose its calibration settings. You can calibrate it manually or if this doesn't set the fill time correctly it's time to plug her into the computer and set her remotely.
MF30
No deadman fitted to it i was told not to because it causes calibration issues. I was doing a bit of rooting yesterday with a digger and everytime i started d 78 to go tip a load it needed calibration started this morning and no calibration needed. I have a relation whos looking into it aswell when he has time to figure out a solution

Haven't heard of that ever but I thought they would only calibrate if the oil was above a certain temperature so how would you calibrate it from a cold start.
It calibrates ok like she wont try peg u out d back window when u release d clutch but when she warms up i give it another calibration if its choppy on d changes 2 to 3 is when I usually know to calibrate it

Haven't heard of that ever but I thought they would only calibrate if the oil was above a certain temperature so how would you calibrate it from a cold start.
It calibrates ok like she wont try peg u out d back window when u release d clutch but when she warms up i give it another calibration if its choppy on d changes 2 to 3 is when I usually know to calibrate it

I thought the doe would make alot more too,a neighbour asked me about it last night and i said she will make over 60.
Was chatting the auctioneer that sold her this evening as bought a few lots in it and had bid for two of the tractors, and I mentioned I thought she would of made alot more,he said she was nice but was no means mint.said she was no comparison for a one that they sold last year that made alot more.

I think it has been a good few years since it was restored (could be 25) so That's probably coming against it now - still wouldn't say no to it mind!!

So it was a case of running down what they didn’t have to sell,

Go down around kinsale and you’d be ate for a supersteer.

I wouldn’t put too much fairh in the comments of a non franchised trader. Hear similar comments all the time.
The general consensus in my area was that they weren't suitable for grassland work, as they apparently tore up the ground more turning sharp than standard tractor. No idea if that's true though

Anybody following the Paul Cable collection sale that Chiffon had today?

I see the County 1474 made 90k!!!, the 7000 over 26k :scared: (it was bought for around 12k I think and lightly restored), a 7810 Silver Jubilee made 35k :scared:, while the Doe didnt make as much as I thought it would at only 42k.:undecided:
Heard today the 1474 is going to Ireland, bought by someone who also has a 1884. Could be just rumours though!!

Lovely original looking Ford 3000 complete with Winsam cab and correct exhaust.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-3000-preforce/18817435

NmQzOTM5MjRhM2Y1NGZjMGE4Yjg4ODY1YTkxZTZjZjHP-SDtk_yxW6TQn7Ypcpz9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDE1MTMyNTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Yeah since there is no new blocks available all you have is used ones which you don’t know the history off.

A neighbour had one on a forager was an awesome engine,it ended up driving an umbilical pump,not sure where it's gone now,probably going up in value.

Back