Peas

Finished cutting the peas yesterday. A perfectly standing crop made the job a breeze, the first time in years cutting without risers on the combine. Nice colour sample but following the trend of the harvest so far, yield was well below the long term average. View attachment 57219View attachment 57220
Lovely clean sample . A standing crop of peas is a joy to cut on a sunny day . There is a special place in the combine drivers hall of fame for those that cut flat peas in muggy conditions.

:Thumbp2::Thumbp2:
Finished cutting the peas yesterday. A perfectly standing crop made the job a breeze, the first time in years cutting without risers on the combine. Nice colour sample but following the trend of the harvest so far, yield was well below the long term average. View attachment 57219View attachment 57220

They look a treat, my man will b round and bale that haulm just so you don't need to bother with the nasty looking stuff, well even haul it away so you don't need to wear any thing out moving it,,,,,:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

They look a treat, my man will b round and bale that haulm just so you don't need to bother with the nasty looking stuff, well even haul it away so you don't need to wear any thing out moving it,,,,,:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:lol: Your generosity knows no bounds. Unfortunately I have them baled now but I’ll let you take them away for free if you pay me for baling them. Bank holiday rates for the day that’s in it.

Looked through the pea trials.

Quite noticeable differences already in terms of standing power (this was my aim).

Not sure how many pods I should have but they are full to the limit.

D4A39E7E-AA21-4337-B10B-56D198E897D4.jpeg 5254B3FA-FC03-424E-B321-06C156F735A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 896E66F6-01BD-4C7E-822B-1C87C939B4DD.jpeg
    896E66F6-01BD-4C7E-822B-1C87C939B4DD.jpeg
    932.2 KB · Views: 1
:lol: Your generosity knows no bounds. Unfortunately I have them baled now but I’ll let you take them away for free if you pay me for baling them. Bank holiday rates for the day that’s in it.

Cheque in the post, no cancel that I'll be there with cash Thursday ,, if you'll meet me from the ferry,,,, :cowboy::clap:

The pea trials are ripening in. A few pics...

Large blue pea, yellow pea, maple pea.

View attachment 57697 View attachment 57698 View attachment 57699 View attachment 57700 View attachment 57701

Cut my little pea trial today.

The gigantic patch comprising of 3.7 acres averaged just over 1.4tn/ac.
Not record breaking but better than I expected from a crop sown in the middle of May.
Received one fungicide.

I don’t know what the moisture content was yet but they were rock hard.

IMG_6991.jpg Peas are planted in land with a wild oat problem this year. Stratus Ultra applied last Monday looks to have rattled the young offenders. Doesn't seem to have done any harm to the crop either, which can be a concern if the waxy layer on the leaf is not fully developed.

IMG_7326.jpg IMG_7326.jpg
This is a why a lot of people don't like peas. Difficult to judge from the pictures but peas have taken a battering, are gone flat and there will be losses. Hope to get them in the next few days. Whenever I see peas dropping like this I cast my mind back to harvest 1997 (the famous August bank holiday) when we had 85 acres of steam rolled peas and a clapped out Senator 85. Suddenly things don't seen so bad.

Attachments

• IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7327.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 29
Back