Stock Pictures

Be interesting to see how they go for you compared to the HE and AA.

The only thing is (as you know), you'll have more money tied up.

We're you in Carnew today so?

Bought them off a neighbour.
He owed me a few bob so made it easier for both parties.
I wouldn't be usually in the market for that sort of stock, as you say a lot of money tied up, but plainer stock seem to be gone up by more than the good stock.
Be interesting to see how they work.

Ptx for the bull later in the year,20160708_201013.jpgworst heifer in the place according to icbf, out of a lim x fr cow, replacement value of -€8
20160513_130623.jpgIncalf ch lgl heifer enjoying the sun a while back, dew to fsz next month,

A few cows and calves

20160607_164326.jpg
Sev bull

20160607_164207.jpg

By our si stick bull

20160607_164144.jpg

And our stock bull
20160607_164006.jpg

Ptx for the bull later in the year,View attachment 39132worst heifer in the place according to icbf, out of a lim x fr cow, replacement value of -€8
View attachment 39133Incalf ch lgl heifer enjoying the sun a while back, dew to fsz next month,

A few cows and calves

View attachment 39134
Sev bull

View attachment 39135

By our si stick bull

View attachment 39136

And our stock bull
View attachment 39137
Have twin ptx off a low star cow but what I always considered my best cow. They are in calf to simmental stock bull and due in about 6 weeks. They are off bzb and he has a maternal score of near €200. They are €102. Will make great cows for me.

Have twin ptx off a low star cow but what I always considered my best cow. They are in calf to simmental stock bull and due in about 6 weeks. They are off bzb and he has a maternal score of near €200. They are €102. Will make great cows for me.

That heifer is by the same bull, her dam would be one of the best cows we have, shes 3 heifer calves all of which are still on farm, i assume thats why her stars are so low as shes never had a calf through the mart, she drops a smashing calf every year!

Don't let a green field fool you..
That field was is full of small round stones where the picture was taken, the hills are gravel and much bigger stones, lower ground runs to black clay with again plenty of stones.
It was ploughed for grain for two years, reseeded in September 2002, been mowed twice a year since then.
Plenty of fertiliser, soil tests regularly, I subsoiled the areas that are prone to holding water or that get compacted.
I'm not complaining it's a good bit of land and we are lucky to have the chance to farm it.

The pictures would be showing some of the best of the cattle, I'd expect more than half to grade U.
As for weight I'll let ye have a guess first. They are going on Monday.

Last edited:
I think they have, I'd be expecting some 4's.
That's a brave weight, there might be a few near 380kg, I expect the load to average around 350kg.
There are lighter cattle there too.

I think they have, I'd be expecting some 4's.
That's a brave weight, there might be a few near 380kg, I expect the load to average around 350kg.
There are lighter cattle there too.
the two heifers in the last picture look to be close to 400kgs to me, definitely wouldnt be near 4 around here, let me know when they come back on the sheet. I would consider the dirty white heifer to be a straight 2.

lovely stock by the way, hard to beat the white charley

Back